Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy White sage in Dublin?

Options
  • 20-07-2011 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭

Hello folks!

Not sure if this is even the correct place to be enquiring but I'll give it a go.

I'm looking to purchase a sage stick... (not sure if that's the correct name) some where in Dublin City centre. I bought some a few years back in a health food store in my home town and haven't seen them any where since.

Moved into a new house that seriously needs it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I'd suggest trying http://www.crystal-wings.com/

7 Aungier Street, Dublin 2
    tel.: (01) 475 9000
    email: crystalwings@eircom.net

Get in touch and check if they have any in store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

Thank you.

I got some in Dervish this afternoon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

wild_cat wrote: »
    I got some in Dervish this afternoon. :)

I don't know why they changed to Dervish, Crystal Wings was a much better name...

How much was it, in the end?

Urizen wrote: »
    I don't know why they changed to Dervish, Crystal Wings was a much better name...

How much was it, in the end?

I actually thought it was an Irish mythological shop with a name like Dervish... Only ever passed by.

It was 9 euro. It's much larger than the last one I bought which was about 3.50 and tiny.

Its about 16/17 cm's long and about 4.5 cm's wide.

Its a very small house so I have 98% of it left. Perhaps I should have burned more. But I got enough smoke out of it to last through every corner once the flame had gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭TheBardWest

I might be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that in Celtic mythology, juniper was used in a similar way as Sage - sage being a more typically American cleansing tool. I don't recall where I found that, but can anyone confirm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭cards

I've seen smudge sticks for sale advertised as
    Taos Sage, Cedar and Juniper 75g
    I don't know how much Juniper was in it but it must have cleansing properties. I am fascinated by cleansing herbs.We live in a society where very few people look after their enengy fields in terms of cleansing yet are exposed to far more gunk than our ancestors ever were with modern life and our disconnect from nature.I am also very interested in pagan or celtic substitutes for herbs that can be used in a cleansing manner and any suggestions in that direction would be most appreciated.I am also interested in using some sweetgrass braids and was looking for any directions on their use.Like how long do you let them burn and is it ok to quench them(as I've read White Sage should be let go out by itself or quenched in sand)
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭cards

I found this website selling some Juniper smudge sticks so it certainly seems to be able to be used independently of other herbs. Would love to dry some and try making my own.Onto my to do list!
    http://www.holisticshop.co.uk/products/juniper-smudge-stick

Advertisement