Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aluminium welder

• 20-07-2011 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

I have a crack in the swingarm of my Downhill mountain bike and I'm looking to get it welded somewhere around the town. It's a fairly high stress area so I'd be looking to get a decent job done on it and I wouldn't mind travelling if it meant I was getting a quality job. Where's the best place for me? Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i hear duck tape and cable ties are great for that kinda fix haha

sp heat transfer should be able to do it for you if there still in business but with welds like that for your own safety and manufacture warranty look into getting a new or replacement frame or something,,,im sure if the weld was to fail again sp or the welder wouldnt like to be liable for it

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

look at bright fab , i think is there name , out by ballindud , or try some smaller eng places, murphy engineering on old tramore rd

Advertisement