Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC grades: why no percentages?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

According to my maths teacher, if you're within something like 1/7th of a percent, you're rounded up. Now I could be wrong, it could be within 1/6th or 1/8th aswell.

And this fella's mad for all these particulars, so doubt him at your peril :pac:

In fairness though, most of us will ever know how close or how far from the next grade we were, unless we decide to look over the papers.

I think it's silly, and a bit of a waste of time, for teachers to tell their students things like that, and the SEC deals with marks, not percents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Why not just give you the total mark value and let you work out the grade? Surely they keep a record of your marks too. At least then you could say "well, I was only 1 mark off the next grade, your honour!";

Advertisement