Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Clearblue pregnancy Tests Be Wrong?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

Emmal14 wrote:
    Yep peeing like a racehorse so I get that! It's the nausea/ dizziness/ decreased appetite combo that made me suspicious as its going on over 12 days now. I have never had those as period symptoms. Tho I am not sure if I am having implantation bleeding/ spotting or a period right now.

Afraid I had no bleeding throughout, thank God so I wouldn't know. I did have period type pains very early on. They came back with a vengeance at the end :-)

I do hope it is good news for you. X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Emmal14

Leogirl wrote: »
    Afraid I had no bleeding throughout, thank God so I wouldn't know. I did have period type pains very early on. They came back with a vengeance at the end :-)

I do hope it is good news for you. X

Negative urine test in the docs waiting on a full panel of bloods back now. At least i got a chest infection diagnosis out of it! On antibiotics and the couch feeling sorry for myself lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Emmal14 wrote:
    Negative urine test in the docs waiting on a full panel of bloods back now. At least i got a chest infection diagnosis out of it! On antibiotics and the couch feeling sorry for myself lol

The doctors tests are crap though. The home tests are more sensitive. Maybe your bloods will show something

The doctors tests are crap though. The home tests are more sensitive. Maybe your bloods will show something

Maybe. I have had 2 negatives now so not holding out much hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

Have to agree on this. My test in Beaumont hospital taken on the Fri was negative, needed it done before starting new medication. Took 2 home tests the next day+ they were postive - I wasn't even late.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I think the test I used was one of the ones you can buy in Dealz, two-pack for €1.49. As far as I was concerned my period was three days late, however later dating scans would indicate, technically my period wouldn't have been due for another few days. The test in the GP that same day was negative, not a hint of a line.

I started bleeding that same day and continued to bleed daily for the first trimester. So it's not always a bad sign - my baby was perfectly healthy. :) I'll always remember a midwife telling me at an early scan that the bleeding could be a sign of the tiny embryo burrowing nice and deep into my womb lining - I don't know why, but I found that such a lovely reassuring idea!

I think the test I used was one of the ones you can buy in Dealz, two-pack for €1.49. As far as I was concerned my period was three days late, however later dating scans would indicate, technically my period wouldn't have been due for another few days. The test in the GP that same day was negative, not a hint of a line.
    I started bleeding that same day and continued to bleed daily for the first trimester. So it's not always a bad sign - my baby was perfectly healthy. :) I'll always remember a midwife telling me at an early scan that the bleeding could be a sign of the tiny embryo burrowing nice and deep into my womb lining - I don't know why, but I found that such a lovely reassuring idea!

I hope to god that it's the same for me! I am having such a light bleed which is unusual! I suppose the bloods will tell all!

Did you get a blood test to confirm then? I still have all the bloody symptoms and I am bleeding but it's nowhere near as heavy as my period normally is! I just feel different but trying to convince myself i am imagining it

Emmal14 wrote: »
    Did you get a blood test to confirm then? I still have all the bloody symptoms and I am bleeding but it's nowhere near as heavy as my period normally is! I just feel different but trying to convince myself i am imagining it

Yep although the GP got a negative test, he said to go with my home test that morning which was positive. So he gave me a referral letter for Holles St to see what was going on. Got a few blood tests done there, every two days (always got the results well within 24 hours) and several scans in the first trimester.

Similar later when I had an ectopic pregnancy - had bloods taken in Holles St every two days, with results the next day, scans once a week until it was terminated.

Yep although the GP got a negative test, he said to go with my home test that morning which was positive. So he gave me a referral letter for Holles St to see what was going on. Got a few blood tests done there, every two days (always got the results well within 24 hours) and several scans in the first trimester.

Similar later when I had an ectopic pregnancy - had bloods taken in Holles St every two days, with results the next day, scans once a week until it was terminated.

I am terribly sorry to hear about the ectopic pregnancy! I have only used a digital test and got one negative so don't know if I am codding myself. Sure hopefully the full bloods will give me some sort of answer!

• Advertisement

Can I ask when you say bleeding was it like an extremely light period/ just when you wiped? Sorry for the grossness just curious! Cos I am on my 14th morning of nausea and it sucks ass

Emmal14 wrote: »
    Can I ask when you say bleeding was it like an extremely light period/ just when you wiped? Sorry for the grossness just curious! Cos I am on my 14th morning of nausea and it sucks ass

Kind of like the bleeding you'd get on the last day or two of your period. Mostly oldish rather than very fresh blood. Sometimes only when I wiped, sometimes quite a bit heavier, so I had to wear a pad all the time just in case.

Kind of like the bleeding you'd get on the last day or two of your period. Mostly oldish rather than very fresh blood. Sometimes only when I wiped, sometimes quite a bit heavier, so I had to wear a pad all the time just in case.

Thanks a million for sharing. That is very similar to what I have. Hopefully getting blood results back today so trying not to get my hopes up too much

Best of luck!

Best of luck!

Bloods in but doc in appt and have to wait for him to call me! Im a nervous wreck lol

Not pregnant. Possibly have PCOS apparently so lovely kick in the face before xmas. Being referred to a gynaecologist

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Sorry to hear it's not the news you were hoping for x

teggers5 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear it's not the news you were hoping for x

Thanks! I wouldn't mind a straight no but this PCOS potential is worrying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Emmal14 wrote:
    Not pregnant. Possibly have PCOS apparently so lovely kick in the face before xmas. Being referred to a gynaecologist

Well once u get a diagnosis for PCOS it make things alot easier. I got diagnosed in August/September. Started a plan in September of last year and got pregnant in November. I seen a very good gynae based in kildare. Good luck

You're a step ahead of many in that you've an identified a potential problem so early on in the TTC journey, and not a couple of years down the line. :) And PCOS doesn't always affect fertility all that badly anyways, a lot of people with PCOS actually do conceive naturally with little/no intervention. Next month could well be your month. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey I took a clear blue 5 days ago and its negative ..I still haven't got my period and have a feeling that I am pregnant ..could the test be wrong and that I am preggie ??

Cassie39 wrote: »
    Hey I took a clear blue 5 days ago and its negative ..I still haven't got my period and have a feeling that I am pregnant ..could the test be wrong and that I am preggie ??

How did you get on after Cassie?

Advertisement