Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ernest borel.

• 20-07-2011 6:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy an ernest borel auto watch. I would like one with the man/woman on the dial and automatic. I bid on one on ebay but lost it as it went to 101 and I had put a 100 on it. Any advice about these appreciated as I believe they are a good swiss watch.:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭marcus1971

shawnee wrote: »
    Looking to buy an ernest borel auto watch. I would like one with the man/woman on the dial and automatic. I bid on one on ebay but lost it as it went to 101 and I had put a 100 on it. Any advice about these appreciated as I believe they are a good swiss watch.:o

If you are talking about the dancing victorians on the dial, thats their logo.
    They are an ok watch, the original company went bust years ago when cheap quartz watches from the east shut down most of the established swiss watch houses.

The new company is HQ'd in Japan (I think) and they are still turning out similar designs.

If I remember from an earlier post you made you are looking for a Day Date version right?

If you dont want to spend more than 100 Euro on it I would just cool my boots and wait for the right watch to present itself at the right price, they will always surface every now and again, there are lots of times when I wanted a particular watch and had to have it now and consequently paid waay more than I should have - you gotta set your limit, decide what exactly you want (dont settle for a silver dial if you really really want one with a black dial, that kinda thing) if you want to see what the past values of them are you can do an advanced search on ebay and tag the "completed listings" box, this will reveal all of the listings sold or otherwise and at what price over a span of a couple of months, this is usually a good indicator of the real value and a handy of seeing if they are actually selling for the kinda prices the auctions have their reserves set at.

If its the look of the day date you like there are lots of other options out there too:
    Rolex- Expensive, nuff said
    Tudor do one, its a larger size than their date model and is about 38-39mm, so it looks more modern but they are going for around 500ish used.
    Orient make one, they are an offshoot of Seiko and are not for sale in Ireland or UK, lots of em form ebay hong kong/singapore etc.
    Alpha have a whole range of "homages" to the big sellers from all of the high quality watch houses and their Day-Date will set you back about 80Euro for a new one, but quality is iffy
    My choice would be a Bulova Super Seville automatic (or a quartz if you want), you get the same looks from another respected watchmaker, acrylic crystal, lots of spare parts etc. etc. and there are more to choose from on the bay all for around the 100Euro ish mark.
    http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=bulova+seville

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Thanks a mil for the information Marcus , am relatively new to this so its a great help. Will let you know how I go :D:)

Advertisement