Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aptamil Comfort

Options
  • 20-07-2011 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Hi all, our 7 wk old son seems to be suffering from trapped wind we are almost certain it is turning out to be colic. Over the last week it seems to be getting worse. He seems to get bouts of screaming a couple of hours after the evening feed and then last night it was during the feed too. We have read up on colic and he seems to have all the symptoms, clenched fist, red face and legs locked straight out. We have him on Aptamil 1 for new born but are going to swap over to Aptamil Comfort but I was wondering should I consult my doctor first or just go ahead and swap over? It does state on the website to consult your healthcare professional!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I would talk to the PHN about it... also you could try using Infacol before swapping over to a different formula and see if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheWarrior

Dubdude wrote: »
    Hi all, our 7 wk old son seems to be suffering from trapped wind we are almost certain it is turning out to be colic. Over the last week it seems to be getting worse. He seems to get bouts of screaming a couple of hours after the evening feed and then last night it was during the feed too. We have read up on colic and he seems to have all the symptoms, clenched fist, red face and legs locked straight out. We have him on Aptamil 1 for new born but are going to swap over to Aptamil Comfort but I was wondering should I consult my doctor first or just go ahead and swap over? It does state on the website to consult your healthcare professional!

We swapped our fella to Aptamil Comfort after about a month cause he had savage colic. The difference was practically immediate- day later he was a new man. It is certainly worth trying out. Only downside is the stools are very messy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

we had to do the same, we switched literally bottle by bottle, started with one a day increasing comfort and decreasing the number 1, we also switched from avent bottles to dr.brown, that helped things improve too imo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭smileyeyes

Hi, I used Aptamil Comfort with both children due to constipation rather than colic! I found it absolutely brilliant for that!

I used infacol and Dr. Browns bottles for mild colic and also found this a great help!

I would advise you to mention it you your PHN (maybe give her a call). It normally takes 5-7 days to see the effects of Aptamil Comfort! It is also a much thicker formula than standard Aptamil and can get stuck in teet slightly but if you heat the bottle, even just a little, it seems to dissolve the granules, making for a steady flow! I hope this helps!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭sonandheir

we had same issue with our daughter,our PHN recommended we changed her to Aptamil comfort and havin't looked back since,took about a week to kick in,no more evening screaming since!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Thanks for the replys everyone. We have been using Dr. Brown bottles from day one and have tried infacol, gaviscon and a couple of other things so think the next step is the Comfort food. From all the feed back it really seems the way to go.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Dubdude wrote: »
    Thanks for the replys everyone. We have been using Dr. Brown bottles from day one and have tried infacol, gaviscon and a couple of other things so think the next step is the Comfort food. From all the feed back it really seems the way to go.

Cheers

Would love to know if it helped Dubdude?

Advertisement