Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turtle Beach PX21 Headset Help!

• 20-07-2011 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have the PX21 headset, i used it for over a year on PS3, and then i traded PS3 in for Xbox few weeks ago. I am having trouble setting the headset up as from what i can see on youtube videos i need a 2.5mm audio cable to connect controller to part of the headset.

I have looked around a few places for this, anyone know if this can be bought seperately?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

Yeah ya should be able to get one handy enough in maplins or peats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Yeah ya should be able to get one handy enough in maplins or peats.

Cheers thanks, two places i havent checked! obvious options, thanks for the heads up!

Sorry to bump this thread i started, but i have the correct extra cable so i have everything.

my next problem is i use a HDMI cable on my xbox to tv, i used the same one with PS3 before, works perfect. Now the HDMI cable will not plug into xbox if i use the xbox scart type cable with three coloured leads on the other end of it.

Both wont fit into console, can you not use this headset and hdmi together? Ive looked at youtube and cant find the answer thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

do you not have an audio output on your tv either the red and white phone plugs or a headphone jack.

if you dont have this you will need to get the xbox audio connecter

like this one

http://cgi.ebay.ie/HDMI-HD-AV-CABLE-OPTICAL-RCA-AUDIO-ADAPTER-XBOX-360-/230632254606?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item35b2c0ec8e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

there is a way to get both to fit in at the same time but i dont know how you can connect the headset plug to the red and white phono cables

i have done this to use the octical for my turtle beach x41s

• Advertisement

dunworth1 wrote: »
    there is a way to get both to fit in at the same time but i dont know how you can connect the headset plug to the red and white phono cables

i have done this to use the octical for my turtle beach x41s

Thanks for that, the xbox wire i have that came with it is also too big too allow a hdmi be connected, but in addition to it being a bigger plastic casing, they have purposely gone out of their way to add a plastic bit sticking out to ensure you cant connect both! on the other end of this is the different coloured cables but i am ok for connecting them to tv etc, its really getting this wire into xbox along with hdmi thats my problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Thanks for that, the xbox wire i have that came with it is also too big too allow a hdmi be connected, but in addition to it being a bigger plastic casing, they have purposely gone out of their way to add a plastic bit sticking out to ensure you cant connect both! on the other end of this is the different coloured cables but i am ok for connecting them to tv etc, its really getting this wire into xbox along with hdmi thats my problem

I think you need this sort of adaptor http://www.amazon.co.uk/Headset-Analogue-Adapter-Xbox-360/dp/B004TEN2TO/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1311613842&sr=8-9 Or just use a component cable with the headset and dont use hdmi at all, I have the same headset and thats what I do.

iMuse wrote: »

I think you need this sort of adaptor http://www.amazon.co.uk/Headset-Analogue-Adapter-Xbox-360/dp/B004TEN2TO/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1311613842&sr=8-9 Or just use a component cable with the headset and dont use hdmi at all, I have the same headset and thats what I do.

Thanks, is there a huge difference if i abandon te hdmi and use the coloured leads instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Thanks, is there a huge difference if i abandon te hdmi and use the coloured leads instead?

No, there's not a huge difference... but there is a difference. If I had to put a percentage on it, I'd say 90-95% of the quality of picture would be retained.

No, there's not a huge difference... but there is a difference. If I had to put a percentage on it, I'd say 90-95% of the quality of picture would be retained.

Thanks il give it a shot! Just a shame they design their cables solely to block this other cable being used!

• Advertisement
Advertisement