Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wohoo back in the saddle after 10 yrs!!!

Options
  • 20-07-2011 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Cant believe it, finally got the courage after a "break" of 10 yrs.
    Had a private lesson yesterday evening with a friend & loved every second of it...
    Rode & competed when I was much younger & between living in the states for a couple of yrs & going on to having a family I had no time.

Can't believe I left it so long - booked in for next wk again...

Its funny though how a 20metre circle is such an effort now...
    Used to be able to jump 1m20 - but got such a buzz from jumping crosspoles yesterday..

Hopefully will be able to get back up to that standard within the next 12mths...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 pearliewhite

well done! I started back in March after a very long break too! It's great to be back to it isn't it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Its brill , feel less pain than I thought I would today..

- even better with an offer running on Cityde*l.ie where I am back riding which I just spotted at lunch:)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

Your thread caught my eye as I have just started having lessons again after a long break. Used to ride a lot as a kid and teenager but apart from a few lessons 6 years ago hadn't done anything in about 11 years!
    It's such a buzz to be back in the saddle and you realise you were crazy to be out of it for so long :)
    Here's to rediscovering that joy, best of luck to you and enjoy every second!
    M.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Congrats marley - and well done! So many people keep saying they wish they could get back to riding, but don't actually do anything about it!

Enjoy it! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Good for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Congrats! :D It won't be long until you find your balance again and be flying back over those big jumps ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭coolcat63

Another late (re)starter here! I got back in the saddle a year ago this week after an 8 year break and now have two horses of my own :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

well done Marley, you never forget :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭1c1a

well done, theres nothing quite like the feeling of been in the saddle, i'm on a mini break at the moment from it and am dreading how sore i'm gonna be when i go back to it!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Divil666

I'm getting back into it again after i don't know how long can't wait, it hard to find a riding school in my area that as big enough horses!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Where are you based, Divil?

Cork county

Big area, want to narrow it to west, east or north?What kind of a school are you looking for?

Big area, want to narrow it to west, east or north?What kind of a school are you looking for?
    north cork area i'm thinking of doing bhs exams but not to sure who will do them

cool i will look her up thanks for that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Hey I cant wait to get back in the saddle... its been 8 to 10 years since i rode had a pony for years as a kid... moving to waterford and going to start lessons in stonehaven heard its best in waterford for adults as they have a good range of horses... fingers crossed in the next two weeks have to get moved down this weekend:)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

izzy24 wrote: »
    Hey I cant wait to get back in the saddle... its been 8 to 10 years since i rode had a pony for years as a kid... moving to waterford and going to start lessons in stonehaven heard its best in waterford for adults as they have a good range of horses... fingers crossed in the next two weeks have to get moved down this weekend:)...

Stonehaven is the centre that I use and they have a good range. Something to suit beginners right up to advanced. Nice team too.

Stonehaven is the centre that I use and they have a good range. Something to suit beginners right up to advanced. Nice team too.

ah great to hear that... i dont no anyone in waterford only started a new job so hopefuly will meet people with the same interest... cant wait to get back horse riding... do u go to adult lessons??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

izzy24 wrote: »
    ah great to hear that... i dont no anyone in waterford only started a new job so hopefuly will meet people with the same interest... cant wait to get back horse riding... do u go to adult lessons??

Well I used to go to the adult lessons for a couple of years but nowadays I go out with a small group and do some banks, jumps and ditches. There's something for everyone there really.

• Advertisement

Well I used to go to the adult lessons for a couple of years but nowadays I go out with a small group and do some banks, jumps and ditches. Usually have a good blow out at some stage too!

ah very good.. i need to get back to basics as its been a long time and hopefully do some dressage as its my fav sport... i will be very rusty :D...

Advertisement