Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

work idea i have please contribute

Options
  • 20-07-2011 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭

Hi all I'm probably going to put this call onto ci as well I'm just wondering if it a runner.
    Its an idea i have going around in my head for a while now and just want to hear what you think.

I have seen things like elance and odesk where there are companies on the site touting for business they have large teams of people, this makes them more capable and more attractive to potential clients as it can be seen that these people have the resources to do the job.

could a number of us band together to create one of these companies and make some money?

your thoughts please.....:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

my initial thought was that on a national level we could do our bit for the economy by soaking up all those ****ty jobs that you get on Elance for $50 if everybody with a computer and an internet connection who wanted to take part would work for very little and then take the little amount they earned and spent it in a local business it might have an effect. it would be mostly money from outside ireland so that would be good from a balance of payments side of things.

how many people in ireland would have html, or design skills (I'm not talking good design skills)?

if anyone is interested send a pm please.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

That could be a great idea!
    I would be up for doing it anyway, but I haven't used oDesk or Elane yet really. (I've used DesignCrowd for a while)

Advertisement