Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fake Tan Virgin

• 20-07-2011 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Hey people!

So this weekend I want to try tan, now nothing too over the the top. I don't want to be rocking the orange look but I have no idea where to start. I am a NW15 in MAC so if that can help somehow so be it.

I have done a search but some were almost 2 years old and by now there could be plenty of new and better things out there to sample!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hey guys.

My wedding is coming up (29th August) and I wanted to get a light spray tan for it and do the trial for my hens.

I don't want to look tanned or dark, just a light glow with even skin tone as my arms can get quite red and patchy/blotchy.

I am getting the trial done in aSu in Swords (I live in Dublin) but what I am worried about is for the actual event. My wedding is in Sligo (very rural part) on Monday 29th August and I will be travelling up there on Friday lunchtime 26th August.

So my question really is, if I were to get the light spray tan done on Thursday evening, would it still be good on the Monday? Or is that leaving it too long? Or should I get a darker one, and by Monday it would be light, or would that not go streaky?

Would it be advisable to get it done on Thursday evening and perhaps skip a shower before Monday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Threads merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

top image is great gives a very natural tan, its instant too and after a few hours it wont run if water gets onto your skin . http://www.topimage.ie/top-image-tan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Monife wrote: »
    So my question really is, if I were to get the light spray tan done on Thursday evening, would it still be good on the Monday? Or is that leaving it too long? Or should I get a darker one, and by Monday it would be light, or would that not go streaky?

Would it be advisable to get it done on Thursday evening and perhaps skip a shower before Monday?

My favourite day of tan is the third day. It's settled in nicely but hasn't started to come off yet. I think you'll be good personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

OK well I went and did some research and got St. Moriz, plenty of people said it was great (just like St. Tropez) and at 5 euro for such high praise I would feel the fool not to try it.

Now can somebody tell me the routine? I think I have it down.. I am going out the Saturday and am thinking of doing the following on Friday:
    Shower + Exfoliate, moisturise then apply the tan with a mit. Leave to absorb for a while then wake up the next morning and wash the excess off?

Now it's the last part that worries me, do I use any shower gel's or anything or is it just water? Or if I am using gels should I just use my hands so my tan doesn't get blotchy/streaks..

Also any tips on the hands using a mit? Sorry, I am so new at all this like and it would be wonderful to get some advice!

(P.S. Thanks for the tip anyway tanya2007, see how this does first :o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭waterfordgirl

you can use shower gel, shampoo and conditioner as normal!!
    Sometimes, though, I find that if u dry yourself vigorously with the towel it can come off... so just when drying yourself after the shower! This could just be me though, as I tend towards dry skin and don;t exfoliate often enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Brilliant!

Thank you so, so much. As Friday is tomorrow and the replies seemed to stop I was getting anxious that I might make a mess.

I'll just blot myself dry with the towel then sure, thank you.

Advertisement