Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA Interactive Media

Options
  • 20-07-2011 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi

Just wanted to get some feedback from anyone who has completed the MA in Interactive Media. How is the course structured and what the timetable is like for any lectures/workshops etc and has anyone found related employment after taking the course.

Also what are they looking for in your portfolio? Are they more interested in the ideas rather than flashy work.

Im looking into taking either this course or the MA in Digital Media at NUIG. Im living in Galway and working part time so im wondering how heavy going this course is and if its possible to continue to work part time and travel down to Limerick and still be able to get the work done and attend lectures/workshops etc.

(ill be applying for next years course)

Any info would be much appreciated

Cheers
    bloo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭rhonda15

I'm starting this course this coming September in UL.

The course Director Mikael Fernstrom is very direct in telling you it's a very intensive course with many hours of lectures, lots of practical workshops etc. He even told me basically not to even think about doing any part time work during the year as you will not have time.

I think you would be much better off doing the course in NUIG.

Job prospects according to what he told me most people who finished the course last year 2010 have found work.

You should give Mikael a call if you have questions - he's very accessible.

http://www.idc.ul.ie/mikael/

The interview with Mikael (however I think Dr. Cristiano Storni is taking over as course director for this year) was a breeze, they basically want to know if you have an apitude for design. I showed him a few paintings, a website I had designed and some work I had done in photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭bloo

rhonda15 wrote: »
    I'm starting this course this coming September in UL.

The course Director Mikael Fernstrom is very direct in telling you it's a very intensive course with many hours of lectures, lots of practical workshops etc. He even told me basically not to even think about doing any part time work during the year as you will not have time.

I think you would be much better off doing the course in NUIG.

Job prospects according to what he told me most people who finished the course last year 2010 have found work.

You should give Mikael a call if you have questions - he's very accessible.

http://www.idc.ul.ie/mikael/

The interview with Mikael (however I think Dr. Cristiano Storni is taking over as course director for this year) was a breeze, they basically want to know if you have an apitude for design. I showed him a few paintings, a website I had designed and some work I had done in photoshop.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. The course does look very intensive and what with (I imagine) the steep learning curve you would need to be able to devote yourself full time to it. I guess my current situation might not be suited to taking this on at the moment but it does look like a great course so ill see how things go over the next year.

Thanks for the link, ill send him a few questions. If only they did the course part time!

Good luck with the course I hope it all goes well.

Advertisement