Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Filan says yes to a Westlife reunion

Options
  • 20-07-2011 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Firstly if you are a Westlife hater ignore this thread. It is for the fans to discuss and argue for and against this breaking news report.

After years of denying it seems frontman Shane has finally said ex-member Brian McFadden will one day return to the fold.

Most hardcore Westlife fans know that Brian left in 2004, had a disappointing solo career and the band have since refused any reunion with the Australia-based singer.

For me I love the idea, I think they were better as a 5-piece even though they will never be Take That. It will still be good to see another original lineup reunion.

Shane's comments are as follows "I look up to bands like Take That who are the best out there and it was good to see them put the past behind them and move on by having Robbie back.
    I'd never rule out Brian coming back because there never was a bad patch with him. Brian was great with fans.
    I definitely think some day it would be great fun to sing with Brian again. It could be in 10 years time but I think it will happen."

From the Daily Record http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0719/westlife.html.

So what do you people think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

YUSSSS!!!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I look up to bands like Take That who are the best out there and I want to copy what they did and make money.

Do hardcore Westlife fans only listen to their B sides and bootlegged demos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

but... Bryan does not equals Robbie by any means. Westlife are not going to gain anything along those lines in terms of popularity, which is waning already isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Will never happen as long as Westlife are "successful".
    He was only telling the reporter what she wanted to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭tommmy

has anyone heard the latest single that Brian McFadden released in Australia???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sandy P

Hi Everyone!
    This is my first post, don't be too hard on me, I feel very strongly about this.:)
    Just my personal opinion as a long time Westlife fan, I will probably get flamed for this, but I do not mind because I adore Westlife and want to see them going from strength to strength. The guys would be making a HUGE mistake taking McFadden back....................the guy cannot sing! He is hopeless, he is so insecure, he has to be the FRONT man by telling the audience "BRIAN IS THE BEST" watch your concert DVD fans!!!! LOL, and he is always pushing himself in front so he will be noticed! He hid behind Delta Goodrem until she dumped him, he cannot make it on his own, so he wants to go back and hide his failure by using Westlife's success...........without him might I add!!! :mad: He cannot be compared to Robbie Williams because Robbie has a great voice and has had a successful solo career. I think Take That may have made a mistake taking him back because he insulted Gary Barlow so badly, who knows when his mean streak will kick in again!
    Westlife do not need McFadden, if their popularity is waning, all they need to do is let Mark sing lead more often, also STOP doing covers:o)
    I love Westlife to bits and hope they do not make this mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,876 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kian will never allow it

I think Westlife have had their day it is time to end and hopefully Mark will have a mega solo career :p

Advertisement