Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying ANYTHING with phone credit?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

is this website any good? Can buy Xbox/PS?Windows credit and the fees are very small.

https://www.buygamecredit.com/GB/IE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Wheety wrote: »
    is this website any good? Can buy Xbox/PS?Windows credit and the fees are very small.

https://www.buygamecredit.com/GB/IE

it's great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

tinner777 wrote: »
    it's great :)

Works ok then? Surprised how low the fees are.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Works a treat.
    Been using it for months.

I admit feeling a little guilty using it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thats the solution to this thread as far as Im concerned. This is great, I can easily burn through my credit before it expires with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 KubaKLucan

How did you guys link your phone credit with the google play store? and also I can't seem to buy G2A coins or games with phone credit after the new layout update

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Quiksilver

Hey all, seems that butgamecredit has closed down by the looks of it and Boky now seems to be restricted to Vodafone. Back to the drawing board for a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Anyone notice that buygamecredit.com site is now down. They posted the following message a few days ago "We are sorry to announce, that BuyGameCredit.com will be temporarily switched off. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please follow us on Twitter and Facebook for further information and updates on when we will we will be switched back on."

Anyone know what's going on, is it a technical issue or are they going out of business?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

ADSLUSER wrote: »
    Anyone notice that buygamecredit.com site is now down. They posted the following message a few days ago "We are sorry to announce, that BuyGameCredit.com will be temporarily switched off. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please follow us on Twitter and Facebook for further information and updates on when we will we will be switched back on."

Anyone know what's going on, is it a technical issue or are they going out of business?

Annoying as hell, ive been waiting for a update as ive 40 euros to spend :(

• Advertisement

Latest update posted on their website :( "BuyGameCredit will shut down permanently within the next few days. Remaining wallet balances will then be refunded."

Latest update posted on their website :( "BuyGameCredit will shut down permanently within the next few days. Remaining wallet balances will then be refunded."

balls!!! what now??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You cant buy anything with xolla now either. Looks like three have plugged the plug on that one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Can someone who has google play store linked to phone credit test and answer me a couple of questions?

1. If I access the play store and purchase something using phone credit, can I then access the play store using the same google account but from a different device (PC, tablet, or different sim card) and still make purchases using the phone credit? i.e. will making 1 purchase link sim card and google account so it can be used from other devices?

2. if I purchase an app from my mobile using credit, can I then log on to the play store from PC and push the same (purchased) app to other devices like a tablet?

3. Kinda same as 2 above, can I log on from a tablet and install locally an app that I purchased on the phone using credit?

Cheers

Once it's the same Google account
    And the app is compatible with the other device, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ive only ever successfully spent 3 credit on a Play Store item using my phone, it an be on wi-fi or data but it has to be done with the app on the phone. Attempting to do it with the website on pc or phone just gives you the options of credit card/Paypal or redeem Play vouchers.

For your third question Ive never done it but if an app is paid for its in your account forever so I dont see how they would stop you installing it on any device as long as you're logged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭pphheerroonn

Quiksilver wrote: »
    Hey all, seems that butgamecredit has closed down by the looks of it and Boky now seems to be restricted to Vodafone. Back to the drawing board for a lot of people.
    Whats Boky?

Boky was a payment platform that G"A and other sites used, Playerunknown for example. its now not accepting Three or Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Quiksilver

Whats Boky?

Sorry, Typo on my part, should be BOKU.
    RossieMan hit the nail on the head with the description.
    I used to use it to pay for twitch subs as well, also another big loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Has anyone had issues using Vodafone billing?

Been onto Google and told to contact Vodafone and I'm in the middle of that

No matter what I do,even on different account and phone I'm told account is risky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

HMV Game Credit is down as well:

'We are sorry to announce, that HMVGameCredit.com will be temporarily switched off. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please check back again soon for any updates on when we will be switched back on.'

What's going on? Anyone know where I can get PSN game credit for Ireland?

Nowhere else.

d9d wrote: »
    HMV Game Credit is down as well:

'We are sorry to announce, that HMVGameCredit.com will be temporarily switched off. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please check back again soon for any updates on when we will be switched back on.'

What's going on? Anyone know where I can get PSN game credit for Ireland?
    They are actually the same company as buygamecredit and hence why.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

They are actually the same company as buygamecredit and hence why.

Thanks. That sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Quiksilver wrote: »
    Sorry, Typo on my part, should be BOKU.
    RossieMan hit the nail on the head with the description.
    I used to use it to pay for twitch subs as well, also another big loss.

Yeah I used to pay for Twitch subs too with credit. It used to be €5 but your account got credited with the excess dollars so you could use against next sub. Now they take the €5 total through paypal etc. I doubt the streamers get any extra. The greed man.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Ah bollocks anyway. Bought 20 euro psn from buygamescredit few weeks back was charged 2.50 handling charge, used to be 50 cent! Now theyre closed down and I missed out on 14 euro psn cards.

Definitely something going on at the networks end with this, phone companies being greedy as usual. Does anyone know if theres any uk alternatives for Irish networks we could use for say phone credit or anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

In England you can top up directly with Sony from your phone, so maybe somewhere down the line they'll allow Irish mobiles to do so.

With the speed Sony implement things like that, you could be waiting a long while, though.

It's really disappointing, I only bought a game last month with credit I'd accumulated. I hope there's another alternative soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Heyo all,

Anyone have any updates on something that'll work for iD Mobile? You can't even donate to 50300 on their network which is madness

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭ArrBee

ArrBee wrote: »
    Can someone who has google play store linked to phone credit test and answer me a couple of questions?

1. If I access the play store and purchase something using phone credit, can I then access the play store using the same google account but from a different device (PC, tablet, or different sim card) and still make purchases using the phone credit? i.e. will making 1 purchase link sim card and google account so it can be used from other devices?

2. if I purchase an app from my mobile using credit, can I then log on to the play store from PC and push the same (purchased) app to other devices like a tablet?

3. Kinda same as 2 above, can I log on from a tablet and install locally an app that I purchased on the phone using credit?

Cheers

OK to answer my own question after a bit of testing...
    After using my 3sim in a phone and making an app purchase:

1. yes and no. I was able to make purchases from a tablet with no SIM and the 3 account was available as a billing option, but I was unable to do the same from a phone which had a different network sim. Also, I can't use my 3 sim as a billing option from the PC even if choosing a device with no sim.

2. yes.
    3. yes.

So now I have the SIM linked to the account, I can use the tablet for purchasing and then push to any of my devices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ladiesman321

Anyone know if you can use phone credit to pay for Google Play services such as Music or Movies?
    Is it possible to purchase gift code/ vouchers for the google play store using phone credit?

Also, I'm using an iPhone, would I have to switch to an android phone to make use of this?
    I have an android tablet however to make use of the codes/services.

I have over €70 worth of phone credit and with the death of buygamecredit I've nowhere left to go. #desperate
    Plus I'd like not to lose the credit because apparently they expire.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisement