Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Military Hill oddball

Options
  • 20-07-2011 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭

For the last couple of weeks, when I've been walking along Military Hill (mostly in the afternoon) there's a guy on the second floor of a house cranking dance music out of his flat, windows open. He's usually looking out, smoking, with not a bother on him. Today it was the same story at ~six a.m.

Anyone else notice this guy? He must annoy the shite out of his neighbours. Can't fathom how he's still at it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Just join in, thats all you can do really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

It was euro trance/dance with accordion in it. So er, no. I'll just keep walking and thank my stars I don't live next to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BigDinny

I pass him every morning on the way into work at 530am. He waves at me some mornings! It is not just dance music he plays. He had Status Quo's "In the Army Now" on one morning.

He's running an extremely low-tech radio station then, throwing in some 'Quo for the commuters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

FTGFOP wrote: »
    For the last couple of weeks, when I've been walking along Military Hill (mostly in the afternoon) there's a guy on the second floor of a house cranking dance music out of his flat, windows open. He's usually looking out, smoking, with not a bother on him. Today it was the same story at ~six a.m.

Anyone else notice this guy? He must annoy the shite out of his neighbours. Can't fathom how he's still at it.

If he is playing music loudly outside of the hours of 7:00 and 23:00, then he is breaking the law, ie distrubing the peace. So if he is annoying his neighbours then they have a perfectly legal reason to complain to the Gardai.

• Advertisement

Is it definitely as clear cut as that? I thought you got "it's a civil law matter" from the Guards with things like that. If it is I wish I'd known that last year, when I was living next to a amateur DJ.

And yeah, he was playing 6 a.m. for me and 5.30 a.m. for a poster above.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭lisao80

is this guy living up stairs over a shop??

No, it's a normal 3 house

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭lisao80

not the oddball im thinking of so lol

He had the music turned down this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Oddball: "That guy I fancy is bad mouthing me on Boards.ie!"

The old upside-down serenade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

FTGFOP wrote: »
    The old upside-down serenade.

LOL I was only thinking if you posted this in AH someone else would start a thread oddball walking up and down Military hill while I am at the window.....:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

kub wrote: »
    If he is playing music loudly outside of the hours of 7:00 and 23:00, then he is breaking the law, ie distrubing the peace. So if he is annoying his neighbours then they have a perfectly legal reason to complain to the Gardai.

Wait so if he starts at exactly 7 nobody can touch him over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

There's another one above Reardens on Washington street, any morning i pass between 7 - 8 theres some loud dance/techno pumping out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Horgan wrote: »
    There's another one above Reardens on Washington street, any morning i pass between 7 - 8 theres some loud dance/techno pumping out!

That would be the morning spinning class in the Locker Room gym.

Advertisement