Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wi-Fi not as good on new Eircom Modem

Options
  • 20-07-2011 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

Hello, up to 2 weeks ago, i had been using a 6 year old eircom netopia modem with a belkin wireless router for my home network. But recently, eircom upgraded our internet package for free and sent out a new wireless router(zytec i believe) which can cope with the faster speeds.However the range on the wi-fi isn't as far and so my sister has trouble getting a signal in her bedroom. The new wireless modem is connected directly to a PC downstairs and so can't really be moved. Could I connect the Belkin router to the Zytec to extend the range of the wi-fi(i don't know too much about this, sorry if that sounds like a stupid idea or something)?

Thanks,
    Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

I connected up the Belkin router to the new box, and that seems to work better so my sis can get a signal in her room.

Advertisement