Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthurs Day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    ...So basically, you're 100% wrong.

But enjoy following the sheep. I'll enjoy my Murphy's on the day! :)

?

Maybe you'll stay in an have a can of Murphys, but from reading that post I was getting the vibe that you'd be joining in and adding to the atmosphere, while saying in your head that the whole thing is a load of rubbish and anyone who involves themselves is falling hook line and sinker for Diageos pr.

I'll be out having fun;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Calvin Harris, Sharon Shannon, Jamie Woon and Royseven confirmed for The Milk Market!

More surprise acts to be announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

calvin harris is a good one, we didnt get landed with "bressie" as our big act :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Anyone know what the venues will be for Limerick? Fingers crossed for getting Paolo Nutini or Newton Faulknor. Anyone along those lines and I'll be happy out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the venues will be for Limerick? Fingers crossed for getting Paolo Nutini or Newton Faulknor. Anyone along those lines and I'll be happy out.

Milk Market, Dolans, Nancys, Flannerys Denmark St. and Mickeys. according to ticketmaster. The line up Poxy mentioned in the Milk Market and "No artists will be announced to play in this pub until a later date. There will be a surprise performance on the night" for the others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

i thought the usual idea was for the gig to take place and the bands from the gig make a "suprise" appearance at one of the venues. so these are the bands that limerick has. noone else. still pretty weak. who cares who the f### was born in the 80's

Icky Thump wrote: »
    i thought the usual idea was for the gig to take place and the bands from the gig make a "suprise" appearance at one of the venues. so these are the bands that limerick has. noone else. still pretty weak. who cares who the f### was born in the 80's

There was a load of them revealed last year anyways for when tickets were on sale, don't know whether there was or wasn't a surpise appeareance at each venue though. Ticketmaster had all the acts showing for each venue last year anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I wouldn't mind seeing Calvin Harris, I think he's a top producer/dj/songwriter and by all accounts he puts on a credible show.

still pretty weak. who cares who the f### was born in the 80's

I do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Calvin is class live.

• Advertisement

I've seen him live once, and two dj sets. All brilliant.

Are all these acts not playing at the big top, then again at a secret gig in one of the pubs later in the evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

got my tickets!!wooooo.cant wait for this.calvin and royseven :D

you wha? wrote: »
    got my tickets!!wooooo.cant wait for this.calvin and royseven :D

Am I missing something? Thought they weren't on sale until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Its "SuRprise" and I think they are good acts but then again you can't please everyone! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Am I missing something? Thought they weren't on sale until tomorrow.

they aint.i had a priority code thingy so i got em early :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

L.T.P. wrote: »
    Its "SuRprise" and I think they are good acts but then again you can't please everyone! ;)

you know the term go f yourself:D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

L.T.P. wrote: »

God I really hate when people correct spelling mistakes online!

If someone was talking to you in person and they mispronounced something, would you correct them then? :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

SoCo2009 wrote: »
    God I really hate when people correct spelling mistakes online!

If someone was talking to you in person and they mispronounced something, would you correct them then? :rolleyes:

I've a patient at the moment who keeps correcting my speech and diction :mad:

Re: Arthur's Day, how much are the tickets? I love Calvin Harris, so I do. Am un-naturally skint right now though, so want to know if I can justify buying a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

you know the term go f yourself:D

I would if I could turn around fast enough ;)

I've a patient at the moment who keeps correcting my speech and diction :mad:

Re: Arthur's Day, how much are the tickets? I love Calvin Harris, so I do. Am un-naturally skint right now though, so want to know if I can justify buying a ticket.

€15 Alaskimo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

Where can you purchase the tickets for Calven Harris?

Ticketmaster.ie and empire music on o Connell street.

Cant find it on the ticketmaster website.

shano_88 wrote: »

Cant find it on the ticketmaster website.

There ya go :)

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/180046FBC26854C9?artistid=998196&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Do you know will Dolans be selling the tickets as well or is it only ticketmaster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Lets see, Arthurs Day, another opportunity for the Irish to show the world that they can't have a party without getting pi$$ed. Also just a cynical marketing ploy to make Diageo a few bob. The amount they give to charity from the proceeds of the day is a pittance.

No thanks.

whats with all the negativity?

There are loads of good gigs on around the country, at dirt cheap prices. That justifies it in my eyes. I dont care who is organizing it. We can all see straight through this marketing, and most of us will get on with life and have a laugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

grenache wrote: »
    Lets see, Arthurs Day, another opportunity for the Irish to show the world that they can't have a party without getting pi$$ed. Also just a cynical marketing ploy to make Diageo a few bob. The amount they give to charity from the proceeds of the day is a pittance.

No thanks.

you're right you know and i cant ****ing wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

grenache wrote: »

No thanks.

Jesus its only a bit of craic, no need to go all Buzz Killington.

Advertisement