Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthurs Day

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Ticketmaster.ie and empire music on o Connell street.

...Empire Music... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

got my tickets for The Big Top, cant wait for it. actually its a poop arthurs day line up but limerick got the best with Royseven and Calvin harris. just wondering where abouts is the big top located?? i'm coming from wexford and wana get a hotel not to far away from it. any suggestions?? and how many can it hold???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Dewey wrote: »
    got my tickets for The Big Top, cant wait for it. actually its a poop arthurs day line up but limerick got the best with Royseven and Calvin harris. just wondering where abouts is the big top located?? i'm coming from wexford and wana get a hotel not to far away from it. any suggestions?? and how many can it hold???

The Big Top is basically the white dome in the Milk Market area of Cornmarket Row. You cannot miss it:

Milk-Market-Limerick.jpg

Nearest hotel would probably be the Absolute over next to the Abbey Bridge, about 5/10 min walk from the Milk Market.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

bazz26 wrote: »

Nearest hotel would probably be the Absolute over next to the Abbey Bridge, about 5/10 min walk from the Milk Market.

Nearest would actually be The Boutique Hotel on Denmark Street, about 30 seconds away from the Milk Market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The Absolute is pretty close too if not closer?

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    The Absolute is pretty close too if not closer?

Nah, definitely not. The Boutique Hotel (as opposed to The George "Boutique" hotel) is literally on the doorstep of the Milk Market, it's right beside Z We Ton there on Denmark St.

Just did a check on google maps and there is a difference of 5 minutes. I have never stayed in The Boutique but I have stayed in the Absolute and it is pretty good

Are you sure we're talking about the same hotel?

http://www.boutiquehotel-limerick.com/ppc/

I know I confused it with the George for a spell when I moved to Limerick first. I haven't stayed in either but have heard good reports from both. The Absolute is probably nicer but the convenience of the Boutique is hard beat.

Yeh its 2 mins walk from there to Market compared with 7 mins or so from Absolute.

Ahhhhhhh sorry, I have you now. I'm even slower than usual tonight. Need leaba.

• Advertisement

Dont we all - no leaba for me until after 8am :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Any hotel is grand! Milk Market is central enough! The Savoy, The Strand, Pery's, The George etc all in walking distance of the market.

aww brilliant! thanks for the tips on the hotels. really looking forward to it now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Anyone know if the calvin harris gig is sold out?? just found out a couple of mates are back from oz that week and id like to take them out to the gig...thanks in advance

Anyone know if the calvin harris gig is sold out?? just found out a couple of mates are back from oz that week and id like to take them out to the gig...thanks in advance

Just checked ticketmaster.ie there and it says tickets arent available at this time. so propably sold out. think der is a ticket place in limerick that might have some but i have no idea.

Dewey wrote: »
    Just checked ticketmaster.ie there and it says tickets arent available at this time. so propably sold out. think der is a ticket place in limerick that might have some but i have no idea.

cheer's for the quick reply dewey..i was thinking it was more than likely sold out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

The bigtop gig is sold out, but there are still tickets for the secret gigs in the pubs, no idea how many! each pub will have one performer each from the big top gig playing later that night.

IIRC, these pubs will have the secret gigs:
    Nancys
    Flannerys upper Denmark Street
    Jerry Flannerys
    Mickey Martins
    Dolans

And the acts are:
    Calvin Harris
    Sharon Shannon
    Jamie Woon
    Royseven
    (more to be announced)

So each pub will have ONE act, I'd wager that Dolans will get Calvin Harris, as hes the biggest name, and the Warehouse is the biggest venue. After that who kows...

EDIT: And a round of applause for O'Connells who went out of their way to get Paddy Casey all on their own :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

The bigtop gig is sold out, but there are still tickets for the secret gigs in the pubs, no idea how many! each pub will have one performer each from the big top gig playing later that night.

IIRC, these pubs will have the secret gigs:
    Nancys
    Flannerys upper Denmark Street
    Jerry Flannerys
    Mickey Martins
    Dolans

And the acts are:
    Calvin Harris
    Sharon Shannon
    Jamie Woon
    Royseven
    (more to be announced)

So each pub will have ONE act, I'd wager that Dolans will get Calvin Harris, as hes the biggest name, and the Warehouse is the biggest venue. After that who kows...

EDIT: And a round of applause for O'Connells who went out of their way to get Paddy Casey all on their own :)

I thought Calvin Harris was playing the Big Top?

Now I see. :o

I thought Calvin Harris was playing the Big Top?

He defo is, he is advertised on the ticketmaster website as headlining the gig. i have my tickets for it already. seriously cant wait

So did anyone get tickets for the gig??? many people heading down???

• Advertisement

im thinking of getting tickets for the Dolans gig on the night as its most likely place for the calvin harris secret gig it would seem..where do you guys think the secret gigs will be??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

im thinking of getting tickets for the Dolans gig on the night as its most likely place for the calvin harris secret gig it would seem..where do you guys think the secret gigs will be??

Calvin Harris has already been confirmed for The Big Top so he won't be playing Dolan's. Imo though I'd say Dolan's will have the best line up

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

They are all confirmed for the Big Top.

Each pub will have one of the big top acts plus local bands/singers.

Its anyones guess who'll play where. Dolans has the highest capacity, so one could assume Calvin Harris will be there. Pure speculation on my part ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Live At The Big Top (on Facebook)

''THE FEELING and FIGHT LIKE APES have been added to our Arthur's Day line-up on Sep 22nd!!!''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,873 ✭✭✭✭banie01

So did anyone manage to get anymore of the Tickets released at 11am this morning?
    Looking like a great line up! I'm looking forward to this bigtime ;)

banie01 wrote: »
    So did anyone manage to get anymore of the Tickets released at 11am this morning?
    Looking like a great line up! I'm looking forward to this bigtime ;)

Didnt get tickets that were release today, but have my Big Top tickets from when they were released the last time. i seriously cant wait for it. Limerick got the best acts if you ask me. Did you get a ticket yourself?? Are the feeling playing the big top aswell???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Just looked up Calvin Harris website and his tour dates say Sept 22th Arthurs day limerick ireland and Cream Ibiza so how is he going to do 3 gigs??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 coolieo5000

Anyone know if the Ticketmaster website is working? getting an error message from it for that gig.

Advertisement