Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile Text Timestamps

Options
  • 20-07-2011 12:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Can't figure this out and google ain't helping me.

When my wife texts my HTC Desire, her texts show up on my phone an hour ahead. I thought it was because of her crap old phone, but she now has a HTC Desire S, and the same thing is still happening?

Anyone seen this before? Could an old SIM be causing the problem perhaps?

Thanks,
    adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

dahamsta wrote: »
    Can't figure this out and google ain't helping me.

When my wife texts my HTC Desire, her texts show up on my phone an hour ahead. I thought it was because of her crap old phone, but she now has a HTC Desire S, and the same thing is still happening?

Anyone seen this before? Could an old SIM be causing the problem perhaps?

Thanks,
    adam

Wouldnt be a Sim problem, this is always to do the Time & Date settings on the handset.

Our current Time Zone is GMT+1, so if the time and date on one of the phones is just GMT mesages will appear +1 hour.

Make sure either Auto Update is selected (Turn off & on after selecting this) or change the Time Zone to GMT+1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

This is an issue we are having on the network side at the moment. Should be resolved shortly

Regards
    Paul

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Thanks Paul. This is an ongoing issue though, yes? It's been happening for weeks now, possibly a couple months. Just to be sure it's not crossing with something else.

Adam

dahamsta wrote: »
    Thanks Paul. This is an ongoing issue though, yes? It's been happening for weeks now, possibly a couple months. Just to be sure it's not crossing with something else.

Adam

Yes Adam, sems to have been there for a few weeks at least but it doesnt affect everyone just some handsets/date settings combinations. Our SMS providor are looking at it for the last few days.

regards
    Paul

Ok Paul, thanks for the quick reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Am still with this issue myself. Have tried different combinations of settings on my phone but all texts appear to have a time stamp that's an hour ahead.

Hopefully it'll be resolved soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Happens to me to used to do this also when I was with o2 seems like its something with their network.

This should be fixed now. Let me know if you are still having issues.

Regards
    Paul

Seems to be ok, thanks Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Working perfectly. Thanks Paul!

• Advertisement
Advertisement