Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Branded scratch pad for a Takamine EAN10C?

Options
  • 20-07-2011 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Recently got a Takamine EAN10C, as you may know it does not come with a scratch pad for the plec. I know you can get clear adhesive ones but I was just wondering would anyone know if you can get a Takamine branded one? For example...

http://www.swampdogsmusicandmore.com/images/takk.jpg

And if so, where would the best place be to find one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I just got a tak recently, if I remember correctly the name on the pad was just a pull off protector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Yeah that is just stuck on the scratch guard,and peels off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

I wouldn't recommend getting that particular takamine branded scratchplate, the font wont lend itself well to an EAN10C.

It'll sound too harsh and bright, you should get a more monospaced font.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 F5MWG

I never really thought about it changing the sound. Maybe there is a reason they didn't put a scratch pad on in the first place!

Cheers for the replies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

F5MWG wrote: »
    I never really thought about it changing the sound. Maybe there is a reason they didn't put a scratch pad on in the first place!

Cheers for the replies though.

Ah internet sarcasm never fails to be mis-interpreted.

A scratch-guard won't change the sound of the guitar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement