Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notes for change in BOI?

Options
  • 20-07-2011 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've got a big tub of loose change and was wondering if I can lodge this to my current account or get it changed to notes in Bank of Ireland. I have used the machines in Centra before but they take a 12-15% commission. Would I need to bag it for the bank? Can I get change bags in the bank?

Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Yes, it'll all need to be correctly bagged before you can lodge/change it in the bank. You'd be better off lodging it because if you have any partial bags they won't exchange them, but they will lodge them to your account. They'll be able to give you the little bags in any branch. One piece of advice I'd give you is when you're in, ask when is their quietest time and bring the coin in then, that way you won't be getting the evils from everyone standing in the queue when you appear with all the coin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,504 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Some Tesco stores have a machine, if you want cash you get charged but you can also convert it to a Tesco voucher for a much smaller charge (if any?) and simply spend it in store. :)

Advertisement