Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbike mirrors on a bicycle?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

CramCycle wrote: »
    You could argue they will deter thieves as they make the bike less attractive and more immediately noticeable.
    I must admit there is a possibility vandals will attack the bike but I park in a secure garage and when in town it's not generally left for very long.

I suspect the valve covers won't last.

One of the locks I have for my bike

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009V1WQQ

Probably buy a U lock too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    One of the locks I have for my bike

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009V1WQQ

Probably buy a U lock too

Yes, you need a u-lock. Those handcuff locks are junk. Bolt croppers would go straight through.

Lumen wrote: »
    Yes, you need a u-lock. Those handcuff locks are junk. Bolt croppers would go straight through.
    Not a chance a bolt cutter will go through them. There is a possible weak point but it depends on how it is locked if you can get to it.

There are other handcuff lock that are really useless but those ones are really heavy and well built.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

minterno wrote: »
    you may be be flexible enough to do so and perhaps most cyclists are but not every one is and although i can manage it i cant do it in a safe manner as i tend to drift out towards the centre of the road when i do so,Im also a very practical person and if a mirror aids me in any way i will use one,regards

Try harder. Practice makes perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

To the OP,check out chopper dome think its .com,loads of bling on there for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Lumen wrote: »

Or a chain link extractor :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Not a chance a bolt cutter will go through them. There is a possible weak point but it depends on how it is locked if you can get to it.

There are other handcuff lock that are really useless but those ones are really heavy and well built.

challenge_accepted_Amazing_Feats_Fails_WIns_Lolz_and_A_Contest-s325x265-158648-535.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

kenmc wrote: »

LOL, that Kenmc one is one to watch, never would have even entered my head.

kenmc wrote: »
    That won't work either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Did you ever get those mirrors???????

Yeap and got the bike the other day too.
    The mirrors are perfectably usable
    They don't weigh much
    The bike is great. On my 5 k cycle from work up hill the average speed was 25k/H and max speed was 37k/H
    Will Post up a picture over the next few days

I'm very happy with them and the bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ah come on Ray, give us a better picture than that. It's stuck between a garage door, a bin and the front of a car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Yes those mirrors are fine, nicely understated.
    Can you post some more photos, please, with particular reference to the cockpit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Cable ties could do with a trimming..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

You may think it is all silly but I am passing out people on racers wearing all the cycle gear. :p
    The balloon wheels are really as good as they state when it comes to comfort and grip.

I'll probably get the lights that fit in the handle bar stems.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

You may think it is all silly but I am passing out people on racers wearing all the cycle gear. :p

RLJ!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

I like the bike, but it might not be a fair comparison since those people you're passing may not have engine on their's.

They may not have motors but people have said that it wouldn't make much difference compared to somebody used to cycling.
    It is great for commuting

No idea what RLJ means so no wit in response to that:o

A better picture attached

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I don't know whether I like it or hate it, but it's certainly one of a kind, so fair play for adding a bit of variety to the place. D'you have any connection to these guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz2F4cUDCYE

The more I look at it, the more I like it. Is it loud?

The more I look at it, the more I like it. Is it loud?

It is a little nosier than other electric bikes but it is still only a slight electric swirl noise. People don't turn around so it isn't that loud.

Advertisement