Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Rugby Squad training at the RSC on Friday

• 20-07-2011 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Waterford is the venue this Friday week for a visit from the Munster Rugby Squad who will conduct their training session at the Regional Sports Centre.

Just thought I'd post it in here for anyone who wasn't aware, went to the last one and it was really good (great weather too) but it's good to watch the players, get em to sign yer jersey or whatever and an interesting look at how the team trains.

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/9176.php

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Get them for a magniers match :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 WaterfordBlue

That Waterford United's pitch destroyed for the following week so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

I think the pitch is the least of our worries!!

True, but it doesn't help when the money grabbing City Council see €€€'s in front of their eyes and forget about the bread and butter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

they train on the back pitches at the RSC, don't they? Not the actual main pitch.

• Advertisement

blue-army wrote: »
    they train on the back pitches at the RSC, don't they? Not the actual main pitch.

Hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

True, but it doesn't help when the money grabbing City Council see €€€'s in front of their eyes and forget about the bread and butter!

the joys of not having their own ground in 2011.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Why hasn't Waterford United got their own field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

They are training on the back pitches like they did last year. I'd be more worried about Waterford Music Fest destroying the pitch than the Munster team

shanemul wrote: »
    They are training on the back pitches like they did last year. I'd be more worried about Waterford Music Fest destroying the pitch than the Munster team
    The pitch will be covered 100% same surface as when gigs are in Croke park.

• Advertisement

marlin vs wrote: »
    Why hasn't Waterford United got their own field.

Again €€€€€€, have you a lend of a few million quid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

blue-army wrote: »
    shanemul wrote: »

They're training on the back pitches.

Last year we played 2 British & Irish Cup matches and the pitch was fine after it. Also the City Council has nothing got to do with Munster training here other than allowing them to train.

Music Fest isn't taking place on the pitch either.

The pitch will be covered 100% same surface as when gigs are in Croke park.

NO it won't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Again €€€€€€, have you a lend of a few million quid?
    Well if every little G.A.A club in every litte village can have one there's no reason why Waterford United can't do the same as they are at it a long time now,and still depending on the council, and i'm not a G.A.A. fan it's just my thought's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

marlin vs wrote: »
    Well if every little G.A.A club in every litte village can have one there's no reason why Waterford United can't do the same as they are at it a long time now,and still depending on the council, and i'm not a G.A.A. fan it's just my thought's.

They should own Kilcohan but the greedy board back then decided to keep paying rent instead of buying the ground when it was very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

so yeah....Munster are training in the RSC (on the back pitches like last time

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭messi1985

anyone know wat the story is to see it?? do u know tickets/pay to go in to watch exactly?? heading to waterford tomor by chance and would be class to see.. cheers

Drive in to the RSC, walk around the main pitch and into the back pitches. It's all free.

Advertisement