Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing in Kerry

Options
  • 20-07-2011 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

heya all,

Just a quick question. Can anyone reccomend anywhere to stay in the Kerry area, for to gain full advantage of fishing both rivers and lakes in the region.

I have seen and enquired about a trip to loch Currane, but im just thinking of getting some river fishing done also for the wild brownies. And after speaking to A ghillie for the loch currane area he stated that there is not many rivers for the wild brownies near loch currane.

Is there anywhere that we can stay that will enable both types of fishing within a short distance.

Im open to suggestions and will look into all serioursly.

Im just basically luking for a weekend away to get as much fishing done as possible.

Thanks for reading. Look forward to the suggestions. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

This a bit late but if you are still interested in fishing for brownies or salmon, sea trout, bass etc...... Gimmie a shout when the season opens up again i'm always heading out and know alot of the rivers in kerry... With regard to staying it depends on yourself, lough currane is a great place to stay but there really is good fishing all over kerry.. I'm near tralee talk soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

the river laune has good brown trout in it but its about a hours drive from currane, if you havent fished currane before i would highly recommend it,it is tough fishing but when you hit the place right its awsome
    lough clonee just outside kenmare is a great little brown trout lake you should give that a try as most of the rivers would only hold small brown trout
    but there is great fishing everywhere in kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭twomeys

Not to blow our own trumpet too much but Killarney is a grand spot. Tons of good and affordable accommodation and you have the Flesk, The Laune and 4 lakes to play with. All within a short distance. You can get day permits on a lot of them too. There are also boats for hire and you can get a very experienced boat man for small enough money that will take you to all the hot spots. When were you thinking of making a trip because as you probably know different parts of Kerry fish better at certain times.

Eoghan

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭MWforumfisher

Hi lads, I'm writing here as I don't want to make a new thread on the topic so I'm gonna skive off this old one :).
    I'm planning a fly fishing trip down to lough currane in kerry towards the end of the month, so I'm just wondering would anyone be able to recommend a ghillie, accomadation etc. I would also love to fish in other rivers and Loughs near waterville, I'm willing to drive an hour or so if there's a good location within that distance. Never been fishing In Munster so even if I don't catch anything should be a bit of craic ;)

Advertisement