Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short break with toddler on board

Options
  • 20-07-2011 1:57pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Myself & herself are thinking of heading off for 2-3 days with the little man (he's 2-and-a-half).

Are there any hotels or the like around that are well set up for a family like ours? I'm kinda thinking of swimming pool, playground nearby, maybe even a kiddies club.

It doesn't matter what part of the country such a place might be.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Two I know of in Wexford, the Ferrycarrig and Kelly's in Rosslare. Both have a creche, supervised playroom or baby club as well as kiddies pool and general play areas.

There are family friendly hotels listed on a site called Sticky Fingers Travel, quite a good resource.
    http://www.stickyfingerstravel.com/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Thanks for the reply.

I'll check out that link and those hotels.

Kieran.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

We're heading down to Cork next week with our 18 month old. Staying in the Radisson near Cobh (it has a pool) and going to Fota. I will report back next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

The Riverside Park Hotel in Enniscorthy has a playground and pool etc. As well as the Whitford House in Wexford too. Both hotels are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

hi op,
    i would second kellys... also http://www.dingleskellig.com/ great for family holidays... armada in spanish point is nice, right on the beach but no pool (although nice pool across from beach in lahinch 10mins away). have a good break:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

We're off to the Amber Springs in Gorey this afternoon with our 18 month old. There is a huge play zone room and a couple of pools and even an outdoor petting farm. I think there is a playground and crazy golf and other activities for bigger kids too.

www.amberspringshotel.ie

Look at 'family getaway breaks' for pics of the activities and what there is to do nearby

Advertisement