Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HP ProBook 4320s

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Got an email saying it's fine if your in Ireland to get the cashback now. They also said you can claim straight away but it says 30 days on the site :S

The problems with the touchpad are putting me off a bit, are they really that bad ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

A couple of weeks on:

Touchpad is ok. I've gotten used to it now and i find myself taking out my mouse less and less. I still would prefer a different one but if the laptop ticks all the other boxes for you i wouldnt let this put you off.

Battery life: 4-5 hours my arse! I get just over 3 i'd say, and thats without doing anything hectic or having the screen up bright. Maybe there is somethign chewing up my battery that i have overlooked. If large battery is essential this isnt the laptop for you.

Audio problem:
    I'm having a bit of an issue with the audio on mine. Described in better detail here. I've been in my home house for the last couple of weeks so im not using my laptop for listening to music (Using my PC) So I havent diagnosed the problem properly (like does it only happen when im streaming music on chrome, is it only google talk that interupts it etc)

I know im only listing problems here, but it total Im still happy with the purchase and if i was given €350 to buy a laptop I would buy this one again! I dont think there is anything close to it for the same money.

A couple of weeks on:

Touchpad is ok. I've gotten used to it now and i find myself taking out my mouse less and less. I still would prefer a different one but if the laptop ticks all the other boxes for you i wouldnt let this put you off.

Battery life: 4-5 hours my arse! I get just over 3 i'd say, and thats without doing anything hectic or having the screen up bright. Maybe there is somethign chewing up my battery that i have overlooked. If large battery is essential this isnt the laptop for you.

Audio problem:
    I'm having a bit of an issue with the audio on mine. Described in better detail here. I've been in my home house for the last couple of weeks so im not using my laptop for listening to music (Using my PC) So I havent diagnosed the problem properly (like does it only happen when im streaming music on chrome, is it only google talk that interupts it etc)

I know im only listing problems here, but it total Im still happy with the purchase and if i was given €350 to buy a laptop I would buy this one again! I dont think there is anything close to it for the same money.

Thanks for that. I think I might buy it today actually. Find the cashback bit a little confusing though! Getting different answers from emails than there is on their cashback site.

Basically, you have to wait a month to claim it ? Wonder if you can get a cheque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Yeah it is a little confusing ok, I dont have it long enough to claim going by their site. Who were you emailing about it?

Yeah it is a little confusing ok, I dont have it long enough to claim going by their site. Who were you emailing about it?

Emailed the email address that's on hp cashback website.

The way I see it is, wait 30 days and get the cashback ? Don't know how they give it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 MaynoothParty

Whats the craic with the cashback if you buy one in September. On the SaveonLaptops website they said the cashback was still valid when I bought mine but on the HP website it said they it wasnt valid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

It is still valid on both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Howd the cashback claiming go?

Fed up of this POS, gonna replace it this month, the 4320 still seems like a good buy. Opinions from anyone who got one?

TIA,
    L_B.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭poggy

Howd the cashback claiming go?

Fed up of this POS, gonna replace it this month, the 4320 still seems like a good buy. Opinions from anyone who got one?

TIA,
    L_B.

Got mine back grand, had to wait the full 56 days tho.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

hp have been sliding down a rocky road hardware wise for a long time, they are folding up their manufacture side and focusing on software, i couldnt think of a worse company to purchase a product from at the moment

hp have been sliding down a rocky road hardware wise for a long time, they are folding up their manufacture side and focusing on software, i couldnt think of a worse company to purchase a product from at the moment

Would agree, work in user support and I've seen some pretty dud models, but HP are by far not alone. If I wasnt totally pov atm(fúcking scumbags nicked my bike) I'd get something decent, but for 13" on a really tight budget this looks like the best bet. Its far less than ideal, but the old vostro really wont last another month and I need something I can rely on in a few weeks time(not that I'd put huge stock in this BA, but more than my vostro).

Gonna do some reviewsurfing now, and make me mind up.

@LethalBullet
    Not sure if you're aware, but when this was originally posted the final price was coming to £299 without deliver.

It's gone up by £50

Mmmm, still seems like a good deal? Or anyone got any alternatives?

I haven't seen a better deal for that size of a laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but my 4320s BIOS got crashed yesterday, I may need to replace its motherboard, anyone here got faulty 4320s with working motherboard?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

phoenix49 wrote: »
    Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but my 4320s BIOS got crashed yesterday, I may need to replace its motherboard, anyone here got faulty 4320s with working motherboard?

Thanks!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-ProBook-4230s-4330s-4331s-4430s-4431s-4530s-4730s-BIOS-CHIP-UNLOCK-BIOS-/130960422023?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7dd97487

Advertisement