Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manowar to tour Ireland & Uk!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Jennz1907 wrote: »
    right this is going to sound absolutely stupid, but i think i just got a phone call from karl logan. non of my friends like manowar, thats why i am going on my own and non of them not even my boyfriend of 6 years knows that one of the band members is called karl logan and non of them have an american accent.
    i just got a call from a dude saying he was karl logan and that they are ringing manowar fans who bought tickets on the presale for dublin, he appreciates that i was spending money and that i am supporting the band. i had a bit of small talk with him and then he said thanks again and hung up. really dont know what to think. did anybody else get a weird phone call? i am not making this up, i am just absolutely baffled.

Just saw your post now, a month later, so you may have already got the answer, but if not, yes apparently the band were ringing people up, so I presume the call was legit. My dad bought my ticket, so would have been funny if they'd rung him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Into The Void may still have some.

Did local shops end up getting tickets? If so, Sound Cellar may also have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Also still available through metalhammer:
    http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/manowar-battle-hymns-2011-tour-ticket-dublin-republic-of-ireland/

But you might be cutting it a bit fine for postage from the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

The fact there's still tickets available says enough re. pricing.

I'm holding off because I don't even know if I'll be there at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    The fact there's still tickets available says enough re. pricing.

I'm holding off because I don't even know if I'll be there at that time.

Mental price alright but personally I think it would be worth it to see Manowar in a small venue like that.

Still I bet theres plenty of MCD executives that are looking at everyone who bought tickets and saying something along the lines of:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_-e_iSFE6g

• Advertisement

Just announced there on Metal Hammer that tickets have been shipped

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/manowar-fans-take-note/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Is it only me or Manowar playing in the Academy doesn't sound like the right "fit"?! I don't know, I thought they would play in a much bigger venue. Such an iconic band.

iroced wrote: »
    Is it only me or Manowar playing in the Academy doesn't sound like the right "fit"?! I don't know, I thought they would play in a much bigger venue. Such an iconic band.

They can sell out arenas on the continent but they just wouldnt have a big enough following here to warrant a big venue. Besides the Academy should be great craic to see an incredible live band like Manowar in a small venue like that. Should provide a great atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Surely MCD would have put them in The Olympia? I thought it was because the venue was booked that night but nay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Get ready to Hail and Kill, motherf**kers!! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement