Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours' kids up all night!

Options
  • 20-07-2011 2:29pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I would love to know who I could contact about tenants kids being allowed to stay up running around, messing & making noise until 3-4am! These kids are from around 3 - 14 years old (about 4/5 of them) and they are allowed to stay up as long as they like. Last night I had to put in earplugs due to them running around (wooden floors) until what I can remember being 3.30am! I have complained to the landlord several times about the noise from this family, mainly door banging, and only last week complained about them running around till 4am. He said he spoke to them & it wouldn't happen again! A week later its happening again! I am going to contact him again, but What I can't understand is how the parents are letting their young kids stay up to that time of the morning? I dont' think its something the landlord can really sort out now, perhaps I need to take it to somewhere like social services...if they deal with that type of thing? I dont know really, I'm at a loss to who would deal with it. I can't cope much longer with it. They are renting while we pay a HUGE mortgage to listen to their crap. I am getting so tempted to move to my parents, obviously not something my husband wants to do!
    anyone have any ideas what can be done....apart from the obvious talking to them & landlord which I've done over & over!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Have you been in touch with Environmental Services at your local council? They're the ones who deal with noise nuisance. No point in calling the Gards as this is a civil matter.

I'd also try to keep a diary of the noise and when it happens. Show it to the landlord and INSIST he takes action.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Have you been in touch with Environmental Services at your local council? They're the ones who deal with noise nuisance. No point in calling the Gards as this is a civil matter.

I'd also try to keep a diary of the noise and when it happens. Show it to the landlord and INSIST he takes action.

No haven't complained to council as I wasn't aware of who to contact. I will check it out. I've emailed landlord again in meantime, thankfully then I've a paper trail of contact I've made!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Is it a house or an apartment? Wooden floors are not allowed in most apartments and will amplify a lot of noises.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

its a semi-detached house, we have wooden floors too, but we don't run around the house!
    Doors are always banging too, which I've also complained about numerous times, but they don't seem to understand! I'm at my wits end now! As I typed I can hear them running around again & doors are banging, so I suspect I need my earplugs again tonight :(

Pity I can't report them for bad parenting!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

could also use mobile phone to record the noise and let the landlord hear it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement