Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars - The Old Republic CE details

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Kiith wrote: »
    Considering the embargo drop, there's still an awful lot that they aren't allowed to talk about.
    Seeing as they dropped the embargo for a chunk of content just before Blizzcon, it wouldn't suprise me if they loosened it further some time between Monday and Wednesday to try and drown out news about Blizzcon completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Damn you and your fortunate profession Shiminay! *Shakes fist*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well, I've just posted it in a new thread, now I'm off to play some more :p

Just hit 5,000 posts on the official forums, where's my beta invite BioWare?
    Shiminay wrote: »
    Well, I've just posted it in a new thread, now I'm off to play some more :p

You win this one Shiminay.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

irishmover wrote: »
    Might aswell life NDA if thats the case :)

as far as I can recall, there will be no NDA lift; that much was said before in one of the test forums. Whether or not that was specific to my test group or more I simply don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Lemming wrote: »
    as far as I can recall, there will be no NDA lift; that much was said before in one of the test forums. Whether or not that was specific to my test group or more I simply don't know.

http://darthhater.com/2011/10/14/nycc-2011-main-panel-live-blog/

3:10: Question: NDA lift date? Answer: There is a date.

Could mean anything though. Lets life NDA 5 mins before servers go up! etc..

So apparently GAME have managed to put their foot in it yet again with regard to TOR. Despite BioWare's new plan to do a global launch on the 20th nothing has filtered down the grapevine to ordinary GAME employees who are professing that no change has been mentioned with regard to the Thursday the 22nd launch and indeed some are even stating that the launch is Friday the 23rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Hm, worrying. Called the GAME in Dundrum where my pre-order is, and the guy didn't know the release date, and it wasn't in their list. Will probably sort itself out though - Damn well better, I want my CE before I go home for Christmas.

I spoke to the manager in Limerick today, as well as calling up GAME stores in Cork and Dublin and all three of them categorically stated that the date had not been changed from the 22nd so far as they knew. In fairness to them they did all also agree to contact their support reps about it so fingers crossed it'll be sorted out well before the 20th rolls on.

I suppose if worst comes to worse we'll still be able to use to headstart and grace periods to cover but it's a real annoyance.

Just to confirm, the 20th is correct. We've received official word that Game should be correcting their page today to reflect the correct date.

That's from Chris Collins,t he European community manager, from the thread you linked. So that's good news. Looks like GAME just derped a little.

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote: »
    That's from Chris Collins,t he European community manager, from the thread you linked. So that's good news. Looks like GAME just derped a little.

That's good to hear, I just hope it filters down properly to the brick and mortar stores too.

It will, the whole problem here is just a communications breakdown inside GAME. Will be sorted out by the end of the week, I'd say.

If not, grace will last at least that week, if not till the new year.

I'd actually be very surprised if the grace period was that long. Essentially if someone wanted to try the game without paying for it they could preorder, get their code, access headstart and then take advantage of the full grace period before deciding whether or not it was the game for them. I'd say probably to the 25th to cover those who might be getting the game for Christmas.

I'd say they'll go at least till the 30th, to account for Christmas related mail slow down, but I suppose we'll find out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still haven't pre-ordered this :o If I order off amazon will they still give me an early access code?I wont have it for xmas though?

If you pre-order, you'll get early access, though they've said the amount scales with how early you get your code in. Should get it be Christmas, Amazon usually try to ship things in time to arrive by release.

Another beta weekend and no non-US invites. So much for BioWare ramping up beta testing before launch and telling us Europeans we'd get our shot too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I actually got an invite for this weekends US server stress tests, :D. Only reason i did get it is because i had changed my location in my origin account info to try and redeem some BF3 dog tags (didn't work), and had forgot to change back. :o.

I'm torn now. As it's stress testing and not Beta, I wouldn't feel too guilty about just getting an early play test. But, as it's on US servers, god knows what the lag would be like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I actually got an invite for this weekends US server stress tests, :D. Only reason i did get it is because i had changed my location in my origin account info to try and redeem some BF3 dog tags (didn't work), and had forgot to change back. :o.

I'm torn now. As it's stress testing and not Beta, I wouldn't feel too guilty about just getting an early play test. But, as it's on US servers, god knows what the lag would be like.

Its fine for me, 120-150ms ping most of the time. You get some spikes but overall its grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 icetronix

ALL the beta testing is done on US servers, they dont have EU infrastructure in place yet. I play . . . beta tested! a couple of weeks ago and had no lag at all, pitty loading zones take so long >.<

• Advertisement

Apparently I spoke too soon. Fingers crossed we'll get our shot lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just got an email asking to do a survey about the pre-order program, then it says it's already been completed?

ShaneU wrote: »
    Just got an email asking to do a survey about the pre-order program, then it says it's already been completed?

Same, seems like a lot of people got them. Honest to God Stephen Reid has the worst sense of timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Looks like the beta has now been extended to Europe. A mate just IM'd me, he said there were 3 servers, and he has created on the UK server.. He has gone through the char creation etc. this morning.

I got selected for Beta testing , will be doing it this weekend .

I'm back in the beta as of last night.

Shiminay wrote: »
    I'm back in the beta as of last night.

I just downloaded the 27gig yesterday (took about 2 days)... played last night for 3-4 hours.. logged off, then saw they are patching today, and i will need to redownload 20gig tonight to play again :( (on a 3Mb line /cry)

Yea, it's tough on the aul tubes alright. I'm on a 20Mb DSL line, takes a while but it's tolerable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Welease wrote: »
    I just downloaded the 27gig yesterday (took about 2 days)... played last night for 3-4 hours.. logged off, then saw they are patching today, and i will need to redownload 20gig tonight to play again :( (on a 3Mb line /cry)

and you have to do that everytime you log on?

• Advertisement

and you have to do that everytime you log on?

No (thankfully) ... Just bad timing on my part, they did major updates this week so a full redownload was required. It was just unfortunate I was only just completed downloading the previous build the day before hand (and I was unaware of such a large update incoming).

Advertisement