Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars - The Old Republic CE details

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Welease wrote: »
    No (thankfully) ... Just bad timing on my part, they did major updates this week so a full redownload was required. It was just unfortunate I was only just completed downloading the previous build the day before hand (and I was unaware of such a large update incoming).

still alot......47gigs in 2days? :O crazy stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Got the client today in about an hour or so, watching it download so smoothly on a 50Mb line after upgrading from a 1Mb line has never left me with such a wide smile on my face (feels like upgrading from dial-up to broadband again).

Have to admit though, I am very perturbed by some of the comments coming out of the class and beta forums regarding the Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior classes, seems they're by far the worst of the four on each side. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Got the client today in about an hour or so, watching it download so smoothly on a 50Mb line after upgrading from a 1Mb line has never left me with such a wide smile on my face (feels like upgrading from dial-up to broadband again).

Have to admit though, I am very perturbed by some of the comments coming out of the class and beta forums regarding the Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior classes, seems they're by far the worst of the four on each side. :/

Is that in PvE or PvP tho?

Melee classes always suck against ranged ones in PvP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Venom wrote: »
    Is that in PvE or PvP tho?

Melee classes always suck against ranged ones in PvP.

Both apparently unfortunately. They're the weakest tanks (both in terms of actually being able to generate and hold aggro), have little effective DPS and are generally just bad if the consistent deluge of opinion is anyway near accurate. Apparently it's all down to Focus/Rage not generating fast enough and abilities having little synergy/being poorly designed in comparison to Vanguards and Shadows. On the plus side they're apparently being reworked in the coming build.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭privilegue

Damn - I guess I was too late. They don't have anymore CE's available. Checked gamestop and the others but nada. Going to try and get it from Germany now... This is a letdown, didnt think that many people in Eire would play this title. If anyone has an idea where to get a CE hit me up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Game in Dundrum had them on the shelf last time I was in - I checked. Was a few weeks ago now, though. Try giving them a call tomorrow?

Thanks Raphael, I will call them up and see.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I picked mine up in Game on Dawson St 2 months ago and they had quite a few - worth giving them a call: 01 679 0366

Shiminay wrote: »
    I picked mine up in Game on Dawson St 2 months ago and they had quite a few - worth giving them a call: 01 679 0366

Thanks Shiminay, I went into Game on Dawson and was able to preorder. Good stuff, thanks for the replies guys. Now one thing is weird. I got a receit and some sort of Points card. Am I not supposed to get some sort of pre order key that I have to enter on swtor.com in order to get early access? The preorder number on the receit does not look like a key that you could enter.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I got a DVD case with the game cover and a slip of paper inside with the pre-order code printed inside. My receipt from Game just had the pre-order details (so I can pay the balance on the day).

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    I got a DVD case with the game cover and a slip of paper inside with the pre-order code printed inside. My receipt from Game just had the pre-order details (so I can pay the balance on the day).

Thanks again, so it seems I have to go there again... I knew it :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

privilegue wrote: »
    Damn - I guess I was too late. They don't have anymore CE's available. Checked gamestop and the others but nada. Going to try and get it from Germany now... This is a letdown, didnt think that many people in Eire would play this title. If anyone has an idea where to get a CE hit me up.

did you try gamestops website?

did you try gamestops website?

i got it at game on dawson and got the coverbox with the code as well so i am safe :) Gamestop no longer has them. I went out yesterday to the one on stephensgreen and the salesguy there told me they no longer have them. The gamestop website has also removed the site for the CE. So my take is, if you are still looking, give game a shout. It'll be 10 EUR more expensive than gamestop but you can still get them there.

privilegue wrote: »
    i got it at game on dawson and got the coverbox with the code as well so i am safe :) Gamestop no longer has them. I went out yesterday to the one on stephensgreen and the salesguy there told me they no longer have them. The gamestop website has also removed the site for the CE. So my take is, if you are still looking, give game a shout. It'll be 10 EUR more expensive than gamestop but you can still get them there.

haha I'll try the game in cork :) no way Am I travelling all the way to dublin :-P

If you mail me 150 quid, I'll pick one up for you - honest!

Raphael wrote: »
    If you mail me 150 quid, I'll pick one up for you - honest!

I'll do one better....I'll have couriered up to you ;)

Have they released the monthly price to play yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I tend to stay away from official forums for games as they are usually full of moaning bitches so apologies if this seems a silly question.
    Anyone know how we switch between roles/talent trees?
    Lets say i play sith inquisitor and go the dps sorcerer route then want to go healer, do i have to spend credits to respec or can i have a couple of builds?
    I think rift had this feature nailed down perfectly where i had 3 specs that i could switch to in a few seconds.

Dcully wrote: »
    I tend to stay away from official forums for games as they are usually full of moaning bitches so apologies if this seems a silly question.
    Anyone know how we switch between roles/talent trees?
    Lets say i play sith inquisitor and go the dps sorcerer route then want to go healer, do i have to spend credits to respec or can i have a couple of builds?
    I think rift had this feature nailed down perfectly where i had 3 specs that i could switch to in a few seconds.

We havent seen this feature yet in beta so I would say as of yet you cant switch talent trees per se. I wouldnt be surprised if on release you could, through paying some NPC some credits to get you a clean talent tree.

On other notes - you cant switch advanced classes once you have chosen, so you better make damn sure that you chose the right path once hitting level 10/11. :rolleyes:

I'll do one better....I'll have couriered up to you ;)

Have they released the monthly price to play yet?

Was talking with a friend of mine, the price will be around the 14 EUR mark. Some have said 13,99 / month. I think there was a post on the official forums but I cant seem to find it now

Respecs and role switching would be major features to not have in the game in this day and age so I'd expect them at launch or very soon after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya,I think I saw a pop-up saying you can respec. Pretty sure, you can't switch advanced classes though. Probably cos of the story.

Respec is in, mate of mine got it done during beta - was apparently free then, but probably won't be after launch.

Dual Spec is something they've said they want to have in shortly after launch

AC Switching is out, and may be added later, but is not something they want people to be doing willy nilly.

1 Month Sub is €12.99 (£8.99/$14.99), with some breaks for buying 3 and 6 months.

(The joys of being a fanboy =p)

How does AC effect story ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Is release 20th for us or just the states?
    I have it pre ordered in gamestop bricks and mortar a few months ago, got the dvd box and receipt, not sure what early access ill get.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Dcully wrote: »
    Is release 20th for us or just the states?
    I have it pre ordered in gamestop bricks and mortar a few months ago, got the dvd box and receipt, not sure what early access ill get.
    20th is for all of us. It didn't used to be (Europe was the 22nd), but they changed it.
    Venom wrote: »
    How does AC effect story ?
    It doesn't really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Pre-ordered it on Origin today. Hopefully i'll get in a few days early, and not have to wait till the 20th. Would be nice to know for sure though...plan my days off accordingly.

There's only 2 fridays between here and the 15th, which is there traditional info dump day, so I'm pretty hopeful we'll see more launch details tomorrow. Would be nice to get Early Access breakdowns, and also some details on how long the grace period for getting your code in after launch is.

Kiith wrote: »
    Pre-ordered it on Origin today.

Think I'll do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

55 euro for the standard version is insane. 45 would be acceptable but 55 + a monthly fee after the first month is a load of ****!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Dermighty wrote: »
    55 euro for the standard version is insane. 45 would be acceptable but 55 + a monthly fee after the first month is a load of ****!

http://www.gamestop.ie/39622_PC_Star_Wars_The_Old_Republic.aspx

Advertisement