Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars - The Old Republic CE details

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

You have pre-booked Star Wars: The Old Republic /PC with your favorite gaming store.

The manufacturer has just announced the new release is now 15/12 - 2011.

This will affect all retailers. Changes to release dates are normal and can happen from time to time.

If there are any further changes to this release date we will let you know straight away! :)

Hope you have a nice day :)

Sincerely,
    COOL SHOP Team

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd be very surprised if that was correct. Can't find anything on it anywhere else, including the official site. Would be delighted though, as i'm off the the 15th and 16th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭privilegue

This is really weird - they really are saying:
    Pre-order this now. Release date is Thursday 15 December, 2011.

http://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/product/57561-star-wars--the-old-republic--for-pc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Sounds to me like they're mistaking headstart with launch, though this late, I can't imagine you'd get more than a day of headstart.

Sounds to me like they're mistaking headstart with launch, though this late, I can't imagine you'd get more than a day of headstart.

Pretty much what I thought. According to forums - the headstart for 15th was full 2 days after preorders were available. 16th is probably gone as well at this rate. My wild guess would be 17th/18th when people will get in that preordered October / November.

• Advertisement

Unless if comes from a yellow poster, generally I don't trust idle speculation on the forums as being worth anything. Remember these are the same guys who said that headstart was based on the edition you ordered. I suspect we'll hear something about headstart either today or next week given there's relatively little left to reveal at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 teishen

Does anybody know anywhere that still stocks the CE or might? I really have nobody to blame but meself for being so iffy about pre-ordering this game after seeing how Aion went. :P I'm located in Dublin.

I think one of the lads mentioned GAME in Dundrum or Liffey Valley might still have had a CE. Really hoping GAME move over to a unified computer system next year like one of the in-store reps was telling me, just so you can phone up and find out from one rather than calling around to different stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 teishen

I think one of the lads mentioned GAME in Dundrum or Liffey Valley might still have had a CE. Really hoping GAME move over to a unified computer system next year like one of the in-store reps was telling me, just so you can phone up and find out from one rather than calling around to different stores.

Thanks very much for the reply, I'll have a check around when I'm out and about and hopefully they still have some banging around. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

The game is less than 40 euro from gamestop.ie

This collectors edition is far from being worth 150 euro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Game in Liffey Valley have no more CEs, they told me they're only getting a few and they're prebooked by people (incl me ;) )

Dermighty wrote: »
    The game is less than 40 euro from gamestop.ie

This collectors edition is far from being worth 150 euro!

I disagree, while it would've been nice to get an artbook thrown in too, I think it's worth near enough the price charged relative to the region. That Malgus statue that comes with it is worth at least €60 if you could buy it direct from Gentle Giant and is only going to get more valuable with time (assuming the game is the success it's expected to be).

That of course isn't including the CE store, which I suspect is going to be very handy in creating a unique looking character.

Game hasnt updated yet - they are still saying 20th which clearly is wrong. Going to ring them tomorrow so that I can pick up the game coming 16th. Official yellow post is here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=724271

We've had direct confirmation today from three separate GAME stores (Limerick, Dundrum and Liffey Valley) that they're aware of the change and will be ready on the 15th.

What store hasn't updated just OOC?

We've had direct confirmation today from three separate GAME stores (Limerick, Dundrum and Liffey Valley) that they're aware of the change and will be ready on the 15th.

What store hasn't updated just OOC?

Was just checking their UK website and there it still says 20th. I havent spoken to them yet but will call the Dawson Street in Dublin tomorrow and find out if they have been informed or not :)

Ah, that's a bit weird. Usually the site updates first or at least it did when release was pushed back to the 20th. I'd say the chances are very high the lads in Dawson will have heard if two other stores in Dublin already have.

Well I can understand how people would like the CE, I however think the addition of the statue (something I would never buy or want to own) simply inflates the price by 100%.

Ignoring the games themselves, if you take the world of warcraft and starcraft collectors editions, they went for 80 euro and contained everything the star wars one has, minus the statue, plus an artbook. They even had unique in game items.

What I mean is I simply wouldn't pay 150 because I'd just want to throw the statue in the bin. This was the main reason I didn't get the Skyrim CE, the statue.

I just don't value those, and I suppose I wish the game makers didn't include them in lieu of something perhaps better suited to my tastes (and I don't just mean me, I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't want statues and figurines)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I just don't value those, and I suppose I wish the game makers didn't include them in lieu of something perhaps better suited to my tastes (and I don't just mean me, I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't want statues and figurines)
    I'm the same in that I'm not one for statues/figurines etc. as I know that eventually they are just going to be lying in a box somewhere. I don't see the problem with the option being there for other people though. If that's what people want, that's fine, I'll just go for the Digital edition instead.

Blowfish wrote: »
    I'm the same in that I'm not one for statues/figurines etc. as I know that eventually they are just going to be lying in a box somewhere. I don't see the problem with the option being there for other people though. If that's what people want, that's fine, I'll just go for the Digital edition instead.

While I agree, I for one prefer these statues and stuff, kind of a collector when it comes to these :) These marketing departments will never understand what people crave, only one of us will. Anywho was confirming with Game you can pick it up on the 15th so all is well.

Well for me I'm going to flog the thing on eBay in a few weeks/months depending on how they do initially. As a Light Side player I have absolutely no interest in looking at Malgus while I'm playing.

I do wish they'd done a CE without it, but given the choice was it or a DDE I was happy enough to spend the cash.

On that note I dropped by GAME in Cruises's Street today and found out that the boxed copies have actually arrived and will be available on the 15th. The manager being the devil that he is even offered to show me one simply to make my desire all the more potent. It's actually a bit bigger than I was expecting, probably 35cms in all three dimensions.
    SWTORCE.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Well for me I'm going to flog the thing on eBay in a few weeks/months depending on how they do initially. As a Light Side player I have absolutely no interest in looking at Malgus while I'm playing.

I do wish they'd done a CE without it, but given the choice was it or a DDE I was happy enough to spend the cash.

On that note I dropped by GAME in Cruises's Street today and found out that the boxed copies have actually arrived and will be available on the 15th. The manager being the devil that he is even offered to show me one simply to make my desire all the more potent. It's actually a bit bigger than I was expecting, probably 35cms in all three dimensions.
    SWTORCE.jpg

Man that looks so good. kinda regret not going for it now but I couldn't justify the 150 euro, that and the in game items (minus the shop) will prob be on sale in a few months anyway like rift and any other mmo really.

I had a DSi that I'd stopped playing so I just traded it in rather than keep it around and have it continue to lose value. All in all I think it's going to cost me about a €30 including the deposit. I definitely wouldn't want to be dropping the whole €150 in one go for it but given they've been available for so long now saving up for one bit by bit wouldn't have been too hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Limericks wrote: »
    Man that looks so good. kinda regret not going for it now but I couldn't justify the 150 euro, that and the in game items (minus the shop) will prob be on sale in a few months anyway like rift and any other mmo really.

And those pets that came with the WoW Collectors Edition? Or how about the collectors armour and rifle that came with the ME2 collectors edition? Or the Helm, staff and book that came with the dragon age CE?

Offering up exclusive CE perks down the line is a terrible idea that any smart company just won't do, because it makes your biggest fans very upset.

I wouldn't say biggest Raph, but certainly the ones most willing to part with money for the product.

Raphael wrote: »
    And those pets that came with the WoW Collectors Edition? Or how about the collectors armour and rifle that came with the ME2 collectors edition? Or the Helm, staff and book that came with the dragon age CE?

Offering up exclusive CE perks down the line is a terrible idea that any smart company just won't do, because it makes your biggest fans very upset.

Sorry what I meant was the digital collectors edition. Those items will no doubt be available to regular edition players for a price eventually.

Possibly, I recall someone saying at some point you might be able to upgrade to a DDE from an SE though I doubt you'll ever be able to go higher no matter how much people ask for it.

Possibly, I recall someone saying at some point you might be able to upgrade to a DDE from an SE though I doubt you'll ever be able to go higher no matter how much people ask for it.

Yeah, this is how it usually works when mmo's decide that. I remember paying about 60 bucks preordering the rift digital collectors edition and in the last steam sale it was only 5 bucks =( while I really enjoyed that game I just couldn't play for more than a month at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cruadh

hey lads I'm new to this whole mmo thing and I was wondering if someone could help, I just bought the game and I'm trying to set up an account, can anyone tell me if you have to have a credit card to play the old republic or can you just buy these time cards, also if you can do this are these time cards available in Irish game store (gamestop hmv etc)?

cruadh wrote: »
    hey lads I'm new to this whole mmo thing and I was wondering if someone could help, I just bought the game and I'm trying to set up an account, can anyone tell me if you have to have a credit card to play the old republic or can you just buy these time cards, also if you can do this are these time cards available in Irish game store (gamestop hmv etc)?

You can get the cards in game and gamestop, they are around 24.99 euros for 60 days of playtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

You can get the cards in game and gamestop, they are around 24.99 euros for 60 days of playtime.

Yep, I saw 60 days of playtime for €21.99 in HMV today.

Advertisement