Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars - The Old Republic CE details

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I knew you would be weak...

I sense great fear in that one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm thinking Jedi Knight for my first character, even though I played through KOTOR 1 and 2 as a Sith. I wish I had the time to play through both again as a Jedi before TOR came out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Dcully wrote: »
    Ill more likely get this despite my fears of yet another mmo gathering dust plus i can see myself rolling countless alts :o

your damn right your getting it!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ill more likely get this despite my fears of yet another mmo gathering dust plus i can see myself rolling countless alts :o
    I knew you would be weak...
    Grim. wrote: »
    your damn right your getting it!!

Maybe, just maybe, we'll not be let down this time.

Optimistic (unrealistic?), i know :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Its gas the way its the usual suspects pining for a new mmo and always falling for the latest :D
    As you say maybe just maybe this will put us all at ease finally :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

There's also the Bioware fanboys for this one though, as well as the usual MMO crowd.

...well, there's me, anyway.

Raphael wrote: »
    There's also the Bioware fanboys for this one though, as well as the usual MMO crowd.

...well, there's me, anyway.
    I'm both, so i'm doubly f*cked if it's crap :(
    Its gas the way its the usual suspects pining for a new mmo and always falling for the latest :D
    As you say maybe just maybe this will put us all at ease finally :eek:
    If not, there's always Guild Wars 2 :pac:

p.s If this and Guild Wars 2 don't live up to hype, then that's it, i'm done. I just wont be able to handle anymore disappointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Kiith wrote: »
    p.s If this and Guild Wars 2 don't live up to hype, then that's it, i'm done. I just wont be able to handle anymore disappointment.
    Pah there's always planetside and titan...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Pah there's always planetside and titan...
    PS2, Diablo 3 and SC2 Swarm...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If you're going bricks and mortar Doc then you'll only have the choice of the standard edition and the collector's edition. The digital deluxe edition is only available through EA's Origin store and goes for about €75 AFAIK.

Seeing as you've ruled out the CE, that only leaves the standard edition which is going for €40 in Gamestop and between €40 and €45 in GAME.

Standard edition it is :)

Probs pop into Gamestop over the weekend and throw me name down, cheers :)

• Advertisement

I was going to order the DE from Origin, but Total Biscuit has put me off. He's right about the £5 pre-order fee being an absolute disgrace. It's a disgusting way of making more money, especially considering it's a digital edition. So bricks and mortor for me as well.

Likewise, might pre order it and BF3 in gamestop bricks and mortar.
    Will we get beta access that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I believe we will Dcully.

As it is on a "first come first served" basis for the beta then there is no guarantee of a place from what i have read.

It's not beta access, it's headstart access. They're doing the Beta Weekend things in September and people are assuming that pre-orders will get priority on those, but there's nothing about it from the devs. Right now, all it guarantees is that you'll get in ahead of launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Greylor

Question: Am I the only one who is finding that no other games are as enjoyable as they used to be, due to the immense level of anticipation you have for SWTOR?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

Greylor wrote: »
    Question: Am I the only one who is finding that no other games are as enjoyable as they used to be, due to the immense level of anticipation you have for SWTOR?

Short answer, Yes :D

I've not really "enjoyed" playing a game since vanilla/tbc WoW it was so addictive.

Greylor wrote: »

Im playing civilization V and really enjoying it while i await SWTOR,granted its not an MMO but its bloody excellent.

GarethBah wrote: »
    I've not really "enjoyed" playing a game since vanilla/tbc WoW it was so addictive.

There's so many amazing games you must have missed then. The last 5 years (TBC was released in 2007) have had an amazing catalogue of games, some of which i've personally enjoyed far more then i ever enjoyed Warcraft.

Just looking at a trailer of it there and to me its already looking a bit dated :confused:

Smyths's finally have the pre-orders available. ( at least for the standard edition ).

Picked mine up today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

TheDoc wrote: »
    Standard edition it is :)

Probs pop into Gamestop over the weekend and throw me name down, cheers :)

No worries, personally I hate giving money to Gamestop (my local one has awful customer service) but can't really argue with them having the cheapest price. Just remember there's the €5 preorder cost irrespective of where you preorder from.

You'll get headstart access but for now it seems beta is the luck of the draw. Been on the forums for almost three years with over 4,000 posts and I've still not even got a whiff of an invite sadly. Raph is probably right in thinking those who've preordered will also get access to the beta weekends in September though.

. Just remember there's the €5 preorder cost irrespective of where you preorder from.

Is that €5 an extra cost like with Origin?

I had to give Smyth's €5 today but that will be taken of the cost of the game when it is available the guy said.

That's the impression I got of the €20 I put down for the CE. Damn well better be, anyways.

That's the impression I got of the €20 I put down for the CE. Damn well better be, anyways.

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Is that €5 an extra cost like with Origin?

I had to give Smyth's €5 today but that will be taken of the cost of the game when it is available the guy said.

Yeah, to my knowledge it's simply a deposit so people can't fish for preorder codes like they have been doing online. I'd have assumed the Origin cost was refunded as well when the game actually came out, is this not the case ? If not, I guess I was just lucky to have bought in-store.
    Raphael wrote: »

Indeed, bad enough we're being gouged with the straight $ to € conversion but that would be just ridiculous.

[Edit] Warzone PvP video for those interested.

I pre-ordered the CE in GAME, but the pre-order code is for the standard edition. Any ideas what I should do?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Mr. K wrote: »
    I pre-ordered the CE in GAME, but the pre-order code is for the standard edition. Any ideas what I should do?!

This happened to me too. Just pop back into them with the box and your receit, and they should give you the CE box in return, so long as the receit has CE written on it.

Same thing happened to me with the lads in Limerick, thought they wouldn't have made that mistake again.

Same thing happened to me with the lads in Limerick, thought they wouldn't have made that mistake again.

To be fair, it happened to me last Saturday. I just haven't had a chance to get in again since!

• Advertisement

Ah same, bought mine around 4 that afternoon and had to call them up afterwards about it so maybe you got yours earlier.

Advertisement