Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars - The Old Republic CE details

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Pre ordered the standard edition in Gamestop today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was in game earlier and there looking for 20 euro just to preorder,also they didn't know how much the collectors edition would be.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dcully wrote: »
    Im playing civilization V and really enjoying it while i await SWTOR,granted its not an MMO but its bloody excellent.

One more turn...........next thing its 5am :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

That's standard, 20 down for a €150 (RRP for the CE, btw) game's not that unreasonable.

That's standard, 20 down for a €150 (RRP for the CE, btw) game's not that unreasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Greylor

Only had to pay 3 Euro for the collectors edition preorder from Gamestop :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Greylor wrote: »
    Only had to pay 3 Euro for the collectors edition preorder from Gamestop :P

Weird, but lucky you I guess. I'll just have to settle for the points I earned preordering it from GAME knocking a tenner off the cost. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

This may be old news, but received an email from Amazon yesterday stating they had been given updated release information about my order..

Scheduled delivery has been set at 5th January 2012..

Very unlikely to be true, they've said it's a Holiday 2011 release, which means before Christmas.

Also, the preorder codes have an expiry date of December 31st.

Until the release date is officially announced by BioWare all the rest are just placeholders, so don't worry about it. Chances are if the beta weekends are in September we'll see a late October/early November launch.

A quote from Stephen Reid seems to state that the VIP area which was exclusive to CE holders originally is now being opened up to everyone who preorders regardless of edition but that the vendor inside remains CE only. Honestly if BioWare wanted to give preorders more bonuses they should just come up with new stuff as opposed to giving DDEs and SEs stuff from the CE, especially given the costs we're paying. As I said over on the TOR forums "this deal is getting worse all the time".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just booked my copy there in gamestop and got a code. any ideas what this code is?

Guy said it was a beta access code whilst ive read its an early start code. then again how do i get an early start unless im able to download the whole game ...

Anyone any ideas?

Asked bought release and your man said sept 20th according to their system which is about two weeks after my company is setting up the ingame gm support.

It's your pre-order code for early access pre-launch & other benefitrs. Go here for details and redeeming it.

It's the code you attach to your SWTOR.com account for headstart access, if you don't have an account already you'll need to create one and after that you go to: https://account.swtor.com/user/games (or just go to your Account page and then click the Preorder tab) and you'll be able to input the code there. I imagine in the next few weeks we'll have to integrate our SWTOR accounts into our EA ones.

Raphael wrote: »

ah I thought It was the standard edition

Has anyone preordered the ce/standard off gamestop.ie?do they send out the early access code straight away?

Ah right, yeah it's only a fiver down for the regular.

A friend of mine bought his online from Gamestop on the first day (Thursday), and I know he was still waiting the following monday, so not so much with the fast.

Raphael wrote: »
    Ah right, yeah it's only a fiver down for the regular.

A friend of mine bought his online from Gamestop on the first day (Thursday), and I know he was still waiting the following monday, so not so much with the fast.

but he eventually got it :)?

I assume? Haven't been speaking to him since then, he's suffering from Masters insanity atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Is that €5 an extra cost like with Origin?

Glad I saw this. Just saw the charge on my credit card and was wondering what it was, as I didn't look at my receipt properly in origin :P

But then When I pre ordered on Amazon and cancelled straight away (done as I couldn't be arsed to wait for the disc to arrive from Amazon) I got a code but did not get charged.

It's the code you attach to your SWTOR.com account for headstart access, if you don't have an account already you'll need to create one and after that you go to: https://account.swtor.com/user/games (or just go to your Account page and then click the Preorder tab) and you'll be able to input the code there. I imagine in the next few weeks we'll have to integrate our SWTOR accounts into our EA ones.

I had signed up for a Sotor account some time ago but cannot validate the account, it wont send the validation email.

I'm waiting nearly three weeks now and just nothing no matter how many times I click the "send validation mail" link on their site, pretty frustrating.

Might drop a post on their forum to see what the sotry is, I dont want to go missing out on ****, especially betas, cause their site wont send me an email

***Typical I check my mail now and its sitting there haha***

Haha, I'm pretty sure there's a law like Murphy's out there for that sort of situation Doc.

• Advertisement

Still interested to see how early access works tbh, obviously I'm assuming I can download the game client with the code I have which gives me access until release, when I'll need to enter a new CD key or something similar?

And for transparency, I put down €3 in Swords gamestop and was handed one of these codes straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

TheDoc wrote: »
    Still interested to see how early access works tbh, obviously I'm assuming I can download the game client with the code I have which gives me access until release, when I'll need to enter a new CD key or something similar?

And for transparency, I put down €3 in Swords gamestop and was handed one of these codes straight away.

If it works like most other releases... You can download the client in advance and use the EA code to gain early access.. That code is usually valid until release date and generally a few days afterwards (to allow for shipping delays.. i think it was about 5 days for Rift).. When your discs arrive, you then put in the new code to activate your proper licence.. which usually activates your 30 days "free" playtime..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm going to wait for a definite release date before pre-ording it. Depending on how close to other games (Skyrim/BF3), i may or may not get it for the early access.

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm going to wait for a definite release date before pre-ording it. Depending on how close to other games (Skyrim/BF3), i may or may not get it for the early access.

I think I'm gonna do the same,far too many other games coming out that I want to get.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I think I'm gonna do the same,far too many other games coming out that I want to get.

Loads of cracking games upcoming but im 100% getting BF3,Skyrim and SWTOR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I will be doing the same.

But then there is also Uncharted 3 and Deus Ex coming out.

My CC weeps :p.

At least Deus Ex 3 is in late august, ahead of the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I think you should just get Skyrim and ditch SWTOR, because after a month you'll be essentially playing a single player game in SWTOR or you'll be back in WOW.

You'll all be back in WoW... muahahaha

:P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You'll all be back in WoW... muahahaha

:P

Never!!

Question for you all though...do you think you'll play mostly single or multiplayer for your first character? I was just thinking that i'd be pissed if i lose a dice roll, and then someone else gets to make a decision that i wouldnt have chosen, and it effects my story arc. I know most decisions won't have much of an impact, but still.

I think i'll play mostly solo on my first playthrough, and might then try and run my 2nd character as a group character.

• Advertisement

I have a guild I'm going to be playing through the game with, so that. At the very least I'll be 2 manning it with one of my housemates, both of whom are in said guild. May solo some alts afterwards.

This may just be because I'm a Roleplayer, but I'm totally ok with someone beating me to the rolls. Provides good story and inter party conflict, plus it makes it look like more of an actual group conversation - rather than just one guy talking while everyone else sits over there and twiddles there thumbs.

Advertisement