Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage / Current Account Lump Sum Payment - AIB ERROR

Options
  • 20-07-2011 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭

:mad:GGGGGrrrrrr

AIB have really annoyed me today.

I have my mortgage and current accounts with them.

Having saved a bit throughout the year so far, I decided to pay €2k off my mortgage by filling in their Mortgage Lump Some Payment Form. As a current account holder, the simplest thing to do was to opt for the money transfer option.

Sent the form in two weeks ago no bother...

Today I logged into my Internet Banking to find my current account resting at -€1,800 approx. (mortgage account credited by €4k)

It appears they made to €2,000 transfers to my mortgage account instead of just the one. So I can't take any cash out of ATMs and I have two direct debits due by the end of the week - Vodafone and UPC -both coming to less than €100 and Mortgage assurance direct debit due early next week.

Anyway, rang AIB and they said they will investigate but it might take a couple of days to see what happened..

What am I supposed to do until they "look into it". I can borrow cash to get me through the next few days, but I am really worried about my Direct Debits

Does anyone know if they (AIB) will allow (generally) the Current account to go further in to "debt" or if they will bounce back the payment requests to the various companies on the basis of insufficient funds,?? I have no overdraft facility nor ever have. I do not have short-term savings to cover the issue either :(

Advertisement