Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop scrounging pennies, literally

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

What if you paid €50.04; they'd likely have a 5 cent coin. Or to develop the idea, €50.09 and a 10 cent coin.

Sorry to go off-topic; but paying €49.99 for a game is too much. Even if you just shop around, a lot of the time you'll get it for €44.99 somewhere else. Better savings could be had by buying online (amazon, zavvi, play etc). Personally unless I had to have it, i'd gave it a couple of weeks; less than a month after release I paid ~€35 for MK9 on Amazon (whilst it was at least a tenner more expensive in the high street) and it arrived in a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 General Hate Enforcer

Grayditch wrote: »
    Oh Jaysus. I was going to unsubscribe to this thread there after yer man signed up to boards to defend Gamestop in a failed Internet-funny-guy way, but I'm glad I had another glance. I wasn't arguing for the penny for any monitory value, just the principle.

But I take it all back. The other lad, General Hate's absolute meltdown there was worth any extra pennies, I might have paid anyway. Amazing.

What can I say, I aim to please...

It wasn't a meltdown though...I'm always this angry. It's hard not to be when the world is full of so many overly critical, self-important, poorly opinionated, totally conceited & up their own arse dickheads.

**** all y'all, you can suck my balls......for 1c a go!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Grayditch wrote: »
    Oh Jaysus. I was going to unsubscribe to this thread there after yer man signed up to boards to defend Gamestop in a failed Internet-funny-guy way, but I'm glad I had another glance. I wasn't arguing for the penny for any monitory value, just the principle.

But I take it all back. The other lad, General Hate's absolute meltdown there was worth any extra pennies, I might have paid anyway. Amazing.
    yeah I was on the other side of the argument but please complain away if it leads to more things like that happening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

General Hate Enforcer has been banned for being a bellend. I'm sure Gamestop would love to hear how one of their employees is acting like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It was his attacks on the Reason For Edit box that got me. The innocent party in all this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

So then, where to start....

Without naming names, the amount of complete and utter morons on this thread complaning about Gamestop staff has me at a loss for words. The staff who work in establishments like Gamestop have a job to do, that job involves selling disc insurance, getting customers to pre-book, and getting people to trade-in their games. The guys on this site who find the staff irritating don't need to go into Gamestop because they can just use their mammy's credit card instead & just order it from their favorite website: Iamalonely30somethingyearoldmanwhostillliveswithhisparents.com.

Wow, projecting much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

There is another shop that everyone buys games in that doesn't put cents in their tills. The only way you'll get a cent change is if someone before you has paid for something and handed one over. Its pretay snakey.
    ...everything...

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

How you managed to dig up a 3 year old thread on scrounging pennies at 4am is beyond me....but well done :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Lol fecking phone. It was at the top of the latest threads list I sware on me mum. Sorry bout that. All study and no play makes Dan a something something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

And I sat here and read through it all without noticing it was 3 years old. It's not like you don't have work to do, Dave.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement