Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Learners Permit ?

Options
  • 20-07-2011 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

This is more than likely in the completely wrong section but anyway :/,

I got my permit in september of 2009 and never really took to driving I've done a few lessons and was insured for about a week I think but Im nervous driving and never really pushed myself to get on with it.

Anyway my permit is going to be out of date on the 7th of September this year and Im wondering if I let it lapse will I have to go through the whole new Law thing of doing theory tests and minimun amount of lessons and supervised driving to get it or can I just get it renewed again.

Because if I cant just renew it I'm going to sit my driving test within the next six weeks and try to get my full which is very unlikely considering the driving experience I've had :/ .. Help !:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I think regardless of whether you got it before the new rules, once a new licence is applied for you're subject to the new rules?

I could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 3_gina_

Vicxas wrote: »
    I think regardless of whether you got it before the new rules, once a new licence is applied for you're subject to the new rules?

I could be wrong.

Ya i was thinking that, but im not sure and cant seem to find an answer internet wise anyway. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You are not subject to the new rules. You do not have to complete the 12 lessons.

You can just reapply for your Learner Permit and work away!

You are still required to be accompanied by a fully licensed driver who has held his/her license for 2 years or more though.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

If this is your second permit you're fine!! If you're going onto the 3rd permit you will need to apply for your test

New rules only apply to 1st time permit holders after April 2011

Hope this helps & Good Luck!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

If this is your second permit you're fine!! If you're going onto the 3rd permit you will need to apply for your test

New rules only apply to 1st time permit holders after April 2011

Hope this helps & Good Luck!! :)

Or people who have let their Learner Permit lapse 5 years or more upon renewal and after sitting the Theory Test

• Advertisement
Advertisement