Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Toddler doesnt like his babysitter!

Options
  • 20-07-2011 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Am returning to work soon and my toddler makes it clear that he would rather his babysitter wasn't around. She's a close relative whom I trust but has what one would call a 'strong personality'. I think the problem lies in the fact that my boy also has a smililar personality. He is assertive, strong willed and independent. He dislikes fuss and sometimes likes to be left alone. My sitter/relative loves him to death and doesn't seem to get that she's overpowering him sometimes...and I have had conversations with her regarding his personality etc. He has no problem being separted from me so this is not a separation anxiety issue. Has anyone had experience with a highly assertive toddler and a trusted but 'bull in a china shop' sitter?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I could not leave a child with someone that they do not like.
    I remember on one occasion been left with a baby sitter that I did not like and I was distraught.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

+1 what moonbeam said. If they dont get on its just not going to work. one thing mams always say is 'if i know he/shes happy, im happy', but you know he's not. maybe its time to look for someone he'll gel with, good luck with it (its not easy that its family):)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Happyzebra

Thanks for the replies moonbeam and willowtree. Sometimes I think that I am just being over protective...good to have your insight. Man this parent thing is way hard!!

Advertisement