If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV receiver and 5.1 speakers

Options
  • 20-07-2011 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

hey RS

Ill just tell ya wat im looking for and sure ya can give me ur opinion.

basically im gonna be placing a surround sound in my front room. gonna be looking to put the rear speakers high in each corner. Was reading in the past that the Boston soundware XS are a good option when doing this also the speakers would preferably be white. the cabling will be sunk into the walls so im looking for roughly 20-30 meters of good cabling for this. Also i need a receiver. I posted this in the denon 1311 special offer thred but havent received a response. figured i'd probably get a quicker response with my own thred. If there is any better options that you could point me towards that would be great. or if any of the other boardsies have any suggestions that would be great.

total list.
    AV receiver
    Speakers (Boston soundwave XS or Tannoy SFX 5.1)
    Cabling
    and if possible ipod doc.

I can stretch as far as €500 inc delivery.

***EDIT***
    Almost forgot i would also be looking for a panasonic wall mount that will fit a 42" G20. I can spend a few bob extra on this.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

tazzzZ wrote: »
    hey RS

Ill just tell ya wat im looking for and sure ya can give me ur opinion.

basically im gonna be placing a surround sound in my front room. gonna be looking to put the rear speakers high in each corner. Was reading in the past that the Boston soundware XS are a good option when doing this also the speakers would preferably be white. the cabling will be sunk into the walls so im looking for roughly 20-30 meters of good cabling for this. Also i need a receiver. I posted this in the denon 1311 special offer thred but havent received a response. figured i'd probably get a quicker response with my own thred. If there is any better options that you could point me towards that would be great. or if any of the other boardsies have any suggestions that would be great.

total list.
    AV receiver
    Speakers (Boston soundwave XS or Tannoy SFX 5.1)
    Cabling
    and if possible ipod doc.

I can stretch as far as €500 inc delivery.

***EDIT***
    Almost forgot i would also be looking for a panasonic wall mount that will fit a 42" G20. I can spend a few bob extra on this.

Tazzz,

thx for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

That would be a cracking system - the Boston XSB 5.1 really is an excellent system, especially given the satellites are so compact, and of course they are available in white as well.

If you went for the AVR1311 I'll also do it at £99.95 if you are buying the Boston pack - to give you a total of £369.95 - however whilst that system would be great I would recommend spanking new Denon AVR1612 which is really a great piece of kit and we would do this system at £529.95 (instead of £649.95!) - the AVR1612, whilst slightly more expensive, has a significantly better specification and also offers direct digital ipod/iphone connection via the front panel USB.

On the cable front - the excellent and old reliable Cambridge Symphony 100 is pretty much unbeatable for in wall use - I'll give you a Boardie 20% discount off the cables - it's normally £0.99/Meter - I'll do you 30 mtrs at just £23.99.

Finally if you want a slim Wall bracket for the Pana I'd recommend the SB40 which is £49.95.

So in total:

Denon AVR1311 - 5.1 AV Receiver
    Boston Soundware XSB 5.1 Speaker pack
    Cambridge Audio Symphony 100 * 30 Metres
    SB40 Flat slim bracket for 40"
    Delivery
    £463.79 / €539.99

Or:

Denon AVR1612 - 5.1 AV Receiver
    Boston Soundware XSB 5.1 Speaker pack
    Cambridge Audio Symphony 100 * 30 Metres
    SB40 Flat slim bracket for 40"
    Delivery
    £599.95 / €699.99

Its all available from stock ready to ship so keep Mc posted if we can assist in any way!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

that is very tempting. I PMed you there.

Just spotted on ur .co.uk website that the denon avr1912 is at £499. if the denon avr1612 is £529.95. wouldnt i just be better off going for the 1912??

here is link.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/denon/avr1912/deno-avr1912-blk

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

tazzzZ wrote: »
    that is very tempting. I PMed you there.

Just spotted on ur .co.uk website that the denon avr1912 is at £499. if the denon avr1612 is £529.95. wouldnt i just be better off going for the 1912??

here is link.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/denon/avr1912/deno-avr1912-blk

Tazz,

That AVR1612 price at £529.95 INCLUDED the Boston 5.1 pack!

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

agh ok. sorry brain is a bit slow to wake up since im workin nights atm!!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.