Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mutilated BOI £5

Options
  • 20-07-2011 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

I came across a damaged BOI £5 in my wallet recently and do not know what happened it. It still has the serial number on it. I was googling where to send it and came across this website for Bank of England notes (http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/damaged_banknotes.htm) but can not find any information on Northern Irish notes and where to send damaged ones.
    I was wondering what address I should send this damaged note to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Phone the bank that issued the note. Bank of Ireland, First trust, Northern Bank.. whichever it may be. I'm sure they have a procedure. Sounds like a lot of effort to go to for a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,505 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I thought you weren't supposed to send cash in the post?

Anyway next time you are up north just drop into a bank and swap it. BOI down here may even swap it for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    Phone the bank that issued the note. Bank of Ireland, First trust, Northern Bank.. whichever it may be. I'm sure they have a procedure. Sounds like a lot of effort to go to for a fiver.

It's BOI. It doens't have to been a lot of trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Conor30 wrote: »
    It's BOI. It doens't have to been a lot of trouble!

There's probably a £10 handling charge, worth it though for a fiver...

There's probably a £10 handling charge, worth it though for a fiver...

Thanks for your help! Who spat in your cornflakes or are you always a sourpuss?!

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help! Who spat in your cornflakes or are you always a sourpuss?!

Not always, maybe you should grow a sense of humour??:rolleyes:

Not always, maybe you should grow a sense of humour??:rolleyes:

There are clearer ways to let people know you are being lighthearted so that there is no confusion. Maybe make use of an emoticon next time to convey your humour, such as: :D or :p.

There are clearer ways to let people know you are being lighthearted so that there is no confusion. Maybe make use of an emoticon next time to convey your humour, such as: :D or :p.

Will do:D;):p:):rolleyes::o:D:D:D

Advertisement