Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live disconnection

• 20-07-2011 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

I know there are numerous threads on this topic and I had a look through them but none of them really solve my problem.

I have the 250gb xbox s and its connected to a BT Voyager 2110 which is in the next room.
    The problem is periodic; I would be playing COD with my friends and in a party chat and next thing, I'm notified my friends have left the party and I get disconnected. I'm unable to reconnect to xbox live until I restart the modem.
    My NAT is open so I don't think that's the problem. Ideas anyone? It's driving me mad at this stage. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Afaik those BT voyagers require you to log in if theres been no activity after a while. Sometimes modems dont pick up the Xbox as active traffic, so that could be one of the issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Could be a silly question but what do you mean by log in? Is that just access my router configuration in a web browser? I may look to change my router so if it's a problem with the voyager model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭Con_R

I'd recommend opening the relevant ports on your router, regardless of what your NAT type is showing as. Also, if you have an 'Idle Timeout' setting on your router, see if you can disable it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

When you log into your modem homepage it asks you to log in with a username and password usually once a day.

Advertisement