Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone heading to perth in october??

Options
  • 20-07-2011 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

hey guys is anyone heading to perth in oct?

if so ru staying in hostels or going straight for a house??

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

niva*sis wrote: »
    hey guys is anyone heading to perth in oct?

if so ru staying in hostels or going straight for a house??

:)
    Mod No txt spk pls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 SlamDunk

I am heading to Perth in two weeks.

What are you going out there to do? Study/Work/Travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

hey slamdunk

im heading over there to work for the majority of my time then travel before i go home, what about you? are you going on your own and if so are you heading straight for a hostel or a house?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rondemole

5 of us heading in september, we are staying in a hostel for the first two weeks, then we will be looking for a house. it seems to be as cheap as a hostel if you can afford to pay the bond, and dont lose it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

rondemole wrote: »
    5 of us heading in september, we are staying in a hostel for the first two weeks, then we will be looking for a house. it seems to be as cheap as a hostel if you can afford to pay the bond, and dont lose it!

What part you going? Im going to Perth, will be there the 2nd Sept. Excited but freaking out at same time as i going on my own!!

• Advertisement

STIG83 wrote: »
    What part you going? Im going to Perth, will be there the 2nd Sept. Excited but freaking out at same time as i going on my own!!

I'm going to Perth next week on my own. Staying with a friend for a few weeks until I get sorted and then hoping to get a place. Loads of sharing places on Gumtree.com.au

Are you going out to work/travel or both?

SlamDunk wrote: »
    I'm going to Perth next week on my own. Staying with a friend for a few weeks until I get sorted and then hoping to get a place. Loads of sharing places on Gumtree.com.au

Are you going out to work/travel or both?

Work and travel, more to travel though!!
    You have work lined up before you go? i hear there is plenty of work there.

Work and travel, more to travel though!!
    You have work lined up before you go? i hear there is plenty of work there.

No work organised as yet, but I've been looking. Seems to be a lot of jobs out there alright! Here's hoping! Anything is better than here at the moment.

No work organised as yet, but I've been looking. Seems to be a lot of jobs out there alright! Here's hoping! Anything is better than here at the moment.

There nothing here!! What kind of work you looking for?

There nothing here!! What kind of work you looking for?

I'm a qualified Primary school teacher - no jobs for me here. It's so crap. Gonna try and get part time job first while I try and get a teaching job.
    What about you?

• Advertisement

I'm a qualified Primary school teacher - no jobs for me here. It's so crap. Gonna try and get part time job first while I try and get a teaching job.
    What about you?
    Hopefully something in the building trade, will take anything to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Hopefully something in the building trade, will take anything to be honest.

Is it that bad out there for jobs?

zweton wrote: »
    Is it that bad out there for jobs?

Pretty bad, when i hear my ex boss has worked for 42 years and had to sign on, something he never done before.
    If i wasnt going away i'd go to college but have no idea what to do, so i said fuk it, take a year out, go to Oz, see a bit of the world. :)

we are heading to perth, gonna see what the story is there for a while, then hopefully travel about. its abit daunting alright:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ismiseX

I'm flying out to Perth on the 5th of October on my own eeeek! Meeting my boyfriend and a few friends over there. Anyone else taking that flight?

Heading to Perth with my two mates on 25th October.. Absolutely living for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Since when did Perth become the place to go?!

I was here before it went mainstream :cool: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 fergalevo

heading to perth in 2 weeks with a mate cant wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Xavi6 wrote: »

Maybe you tipped the balance mate?

fergalevo wrote: »
    heading to perth in 2 weeks with a mate cant wait :D
    Nice one, going for work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭MadPatrick

Move into a house with Australians. Experience the real Australia

Xavi6 wrote: »

TBH I'm only heading over because I heard you were living there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

I hear Perth is booming at the minute, lots of jobs...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Galway2726

flying to perth in sept leavin ireland 6th of sept i cant wait five of us heading over know a few people over there too

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

What about you?

Get onto www.seek.com.au School year starts 1 Feb! Dont know if they do agency teachers for subs or how it goes. You should find something no hassel depending on where you are willing to work!

Galway2726 wrote: »
    flying to perth in sept leavin ireland 6th of sept i cant wait five of us heading over know a few people over there too

5 of us heading over on the 6th aswell! and know a few people over there! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

im supposed to arrive in Perth with 5 of my friends on the 20th of October but that mainly depends on how far Ireland get on in rugby world cup as im heading to New Zealand for 7 weeks first :D

Few of us are probably going to try doing the rural work first just to get it out of the way and incase we want to stay a second year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fidublingirl

ismiseX wrote: »
    I'm flying out to Perth on the 5th of October on my own eeeek! Meeting my boyfriend and a few friends over there. Anyone else taking that flight?

Hi girl,
    I fly out 5th October as well!! Whats your flight details? Im flying from Dublin.
    If you can private message me give me an email and talk more!

Fi

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭vill@in

Hey all,
    I land in Perth on Thursday, for a couple of days with a view to moving on & finding regional/specified work for my 2nd WHV. If anyone's got any tips, or leads/contacts etc, or even wants to meet up with a solo traveller for a beer, let me know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

vill@in wrote: »
    Hey all,
    I land in Perth on Thursday, for a couple of days with a view to moving on & finding regional/specified work for my 2nd WHV. If anyone's got any tips, or leads/contacts etc, or even wants to meet up with a solo traveller for a beer, let me know!

Try Aussijobs (google it for the address) go in there early some morning, the door opens at half ten but the que starts from about half 9 or 10ish, just wait in there and give your details to one of the girls, its a bit all over the place in there but they should get you work sometime. The harvest is started in some places but not everywere.

Also thejobshop.com.au, first register online, and upload a good cv and cover letter along with it. then drop into them and say you registered online and your looking for work, they are very good and we got a job after calling in for 15 min. Also dont register online with aussijobs, its a pure waste of time.

any thing else PM me, but i'm not online alot as i've weak/no signal on the farm...:D

Advertisement