Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tuffmac cattle trailers

• 20-07-2011 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Folks
    Was lookn for a cattle trailer der an come across a tasty lookong Tuffmac 12x6. some trailer for the price. jus dnt no wat der like. any1 no anyting about dem

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Hi CH 93,
    If you stick 'tuffmac trailer' into a serch on this forum you'll find a couple of threads on the subject.

I don't know how to link you to them or I would (maybe someone else can) but you know where to find them now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

they are a lovely job. very sturdy and not hard pull either. dividing gate and spare wheel with the 12x6.
    i got one fierce right from them straight. just outside cookstown if i remember right.

lights all well set up on it so they dont catch walls etc and floor welded in so no lip.

highly recommend them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

The only thing that annoys me about our one is the deviding gate.
    The IW trailer had a mesh gate, and the vTuffmac has a solid galv one, the problem I find is when you load a few calves up front and close the deviding gate, the cows cant see the calves up front and are a pain to load.
    With the mesh gate I loaded the odd freshly calved cow in the middle of a field by catching the calf, putting him up front and the cow loads herself to get to the calf.
    It's a simple thing but it annoys me!
    Otherwise a fine trailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gifterman

Lads these trailers may look like your getting a good deal but I can tell you that your few hundred euro would be much better spent on an ifor williams, nugent or hudson trailer.. I service trailers myself and have had a few of them in the workshop, rather fresh trailers, with numerous problems from hubs and bearing to springs and suspension..

They really dont stand up to much abuse either the body work on their livestock trailers would hardly stand up to a few sheep never mind a full grown beast..

The wiseman will go for a quality built trailer rather than trying to save a few pennys with a cheap imitation in the short term!!!!!! Be worth nothing more than scrap metal value after few years I can only imagine..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

Hi Gifterman. You must think they are awful muck. I see you replied to three threads on them today.

Are they really that bad. The bodywork seems very sturdy I think. As for the bearings etc, would it not be standard enough on most axles.

I have mine nearly three years now doing a lot of pulling and the only one thing i found was that the bolts on the drawbar need to be checked as there is some horizontal play on the hole in the drawbar and they can come loose.

Have you serviced a good few or is it just that one you mentioned, maybe it was a monday morning trailer:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭easymoney!

ha or maybe he just sells ivor williams trailers !!!

Advertisement