Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 alpha signups open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Meh, doesn't even state how to get in :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Apparently it's by invite only from EA. There's no info on the criteria yet, but the first wave went out already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Someone just broke the NDA :D

Trevor451 wrote: »

Someone just broke the NDA :D

Not the first one. There were screenies on Guru3D yesterday. Apparently DICE are looking to sue...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

WE'RE SORRY - YOU DON'T MEET THE CRITERIA TO ENTER THIS SITE.

Oh well, I suppose I only ever bought and played everything from BF-V. Guess not being around for BF1942 counts against me !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Few on youtube now,
    this one shows some knifing and blowing fronts off buildings

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dpe

Ponster wrote: »
    Oh well, I suppose I only ever bought and played everything from BF-V. Guess not being around for BF1942 counts against me !

I've got a vet status of 8 and it won't let me in, so I doubt its got much to do with the number of BF games you've owned. My guess would be they're looking at IP addresses and locations as much as anything else.

dpe wrote: »
    I've got a vet status of 8 and it won't let me in, so I doubt its got much to do with the number of BF games you've owned. My guess would be they're looking at IP addresses and locations as much as anything else.

I'd say, like previous Alpha's they've ran, it's invites to friends and family, who in turn will have been given invites to hand out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

dpe wrote: »

Daniel Matros/Zh1nt0 did explicitly state that there was no geo filtering or logic being applied. Suggestions so far are that it's as simple as veteran 1+newsletter is the qualifier, and after that it's just a lottery. A pretty crude way of doing things, that excludes serious fans/community members, rules out proper testing and leads to the flood of NDA breaking we're seeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Ponster wrote: »

nope happened to me also and I was around for BF1942

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

More than likely to do with location i'm guessing. Though i'm a noob myself with only starting with BF2.

*Also the veteran thing is a load of pants. I should be on 7 but it won't link any more than one. It doesn't even use BC1 on the same xbox account..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Annnnd its been leaked, of course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Is Operation Metro the map going to be available to the alpha test?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

didnt meet the criteria either, oh well

Annnnd its been leaked, of course

Was ALWAYS gonna happen.

Won't bother getting it though, beta is the earliest I want to try unless officially invited to Alpha.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Not properly leaked though, still need the key from EA!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

So unfair,

I am Battlefield Veteran lvl 7
    -Preordered MOH so have access to the BF3 Beta
    -Preordered BF3 ages ago

Advertisement