Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any tilers out there tell me the best option

• 20-07-2011 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Doing a bit of revamp and need to tile a wall with an arched window. Want to tile down onto the arch reveal but have been told a normal 12 plastic trim will not bend and hold its shape on the arch. Someone told me to try and find a Schluter L shaped chrome trim which has a teeth type backing which i presume allows you to slice the back into strips which in turn allows the curve to be formed without creasing of the outer trim (the bit on show). Has anyone used this brand for this purpose and if so where in Dublin would I find it?. I have rang all the usuall suspects at seem to be getting a lot of " Schluter dont do a flexible trim "

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

Why don't you buy the crome/steel L shaped rim and cut slots into the back of it with a good narrow 2mm disc on a grinder. This will allow you to bend it gently to a smooth curve. Well worth doing for the arch you have and wouldn't take too long either.

Any L shaped crome trim will do? I think ARC make one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

steek will not work either. Plastic will work if you notch it correctly.

Advertisement