Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Harry Potter videogames...

• 20-07-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

...do they all suck?

I was kinda tempted by DH Part 1 for 360 at €25 today. I don't think it (or Part 2) have gotten good reviews though. What do the fans think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

You should get the Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4. It is EXCELLENT! They take a really humorous take on the series, with fantastic cut sequences between each level that condense large plot elements into concise, funny segments. There are also tonnes of hidden story-related extras outside of the main story; for example, throughout the game you see areas that can only be accessed by characters who have dark magic, so you have to unlock characters like Lucius later in the game and revisit those areas.

This should whet the appetite:

The sequel is out in November :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Oh deadly.

I've all the games in one form or another the philosophers stone is on gameboy,chamber of secrets and prisoner of azkaban are on pc,goblet of fire,order of the pheonix,half blood prince are all on psp and I've deathly hallows part one on the xbox 360.I've the lego game on psp and I'm getting dethly hallows part one for my 3ds.

And suprislingly I'm not much of a gamer usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I actually have Lego Harry Potter, haven't finished it yet though. I believe I started Prisoner of Azkaban and got distracted by Red Dead Redemption.

Aisling, which is the best film tie-in game?

Mr. K wrote: »
    I actually have Lego Harry Potter, haven't finished it yet though. I believe I started Prisoner of Azkaban and got distracted by Red Dead Redemption.

Aisling, which is the best film tie-in game?

Goblet of fire is quite good game wise as the challenges are quite good for game play and its not as one sided as the other games ie theres a mixture of styles.

Deathly hallows part 1 is quite good but has a fair bit of stealth which I enjoy but a lot wouldn't.

I'd say the lego game is probably the most enjoyable because it dosen't take itself seriously but it can be a bit repetative.Haven't played some of them in years really should dust them off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I don't suppose anyone here has played the Lego game on iPad? The price is much lower (€4, as opposed to €24 on Mac) so I'm worried it'll be difficult to play, or a bad port...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I have. They retain the cut sequences from the console versions, but the gameplay is entirely different. The one thing I like about it is text-based dialogue from characters, it reminds me of the old Final Fantasy games. It takes a bit of getting used to; you have to do spells by drawing shapes with your finger on the screen. It's worth getting though, completely different game.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

Yeah, I've also been thinking about trying these games but I don't want to get disappointed. If some friend of mine had such a game... Just to have a short look before I buy it...

DO NOT BUY THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2!!

Got it on the ds...its poxy!!

Advertisement