Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dual sim mobile phones

Options
  • 20-07-2011 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

quick question, do dual sim phones work and are they available in ireland?
    i am getting fed up of carrying 2 mobile phones (1 vodafone my own and a o2 phone for work)
    i have seen ones for sale on ebay any thoughts??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

go for samsung or nokia dual sim phones, an awful lot of cheap Chinese rubbish out there.

Also some of them aren't proper dual sim phones like the Nokia C1-00 that just has a button to switch between the two but that Samsung one from Peats is a proper one I do believe

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rayh

flatout11 wrote: »
    i am getting fed up of carrying 2 mobile phones (1 vodafone my own and a o2 phone for work)

Yes they do work and like you I used a Samsung for a number of years, but you have to manage which number you are making calls from. I used to set the work number for weekdays and my private number for weekends. I purchased on Ebay where you may have a greater number of options, but do stick to the well know names and in my view the Samsung was a very satisfactory option.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭flatout11

thanks for the info, i wouldnt mind the button to switch, but wil both recieve calls or is it a case on one on and one off

thanks for the info, i wouldnt mind the button to switch, but wil both recieve calls or is it a case on one on and one off

the button type won't recieve calls on both.

but then there's also a third type that will receive calls on both but if one SIM is in use for something (call) the other goes dead until the call is over. I don't know how those work for data and SMS but I assume its the same as a call. I ordered one of these but hasn't arrived yet

• Advertisement

that sounds like what i am after, hat make/ model is it?
    could you let me know how you get on

that sounds like what i am after, hat make/ model is it?
    could you let me know how you get on

Samsung C3222. I'll let you know but they are very slow to dispatch. I ordered from expansys, should have just got off ebay for a couple euros more

thanks

Well this morning they said the phone was discontinued and cancelled my order.

Cnuts. I think I'll get a different phone now, Samsung galaxy pro maybe but I won't be ordering it from expansys

I wish there was a decent dual sim android phone with a keyboard. but there isn't. Didn't feel too happy about buying a 2G-only phone either so in a way glad it got cancelled

back to the drawing board so... thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭try

If you're looking for basic talk and text, the Nokia C2-00. One just arrived this morning and works well. I don't know what to recommend for more advanced functions.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

Dual sims are definitely worth a look. I've been using them for about two years or more so that i could take advantage of 2 network providers free talk and text offers.
    (friends one network, girlfriend another was costing me a fortune)

At first i bought a cheap chinese phone from ebay to see if i would save any money with a dual sim phone. I saved money on credit but the phone wasn't a good buy. It worked ok but the software on the phone was poor making the menus hard to follow.

I then bought a samsung d780 and it is a great phone. In my opinion samsung dual sims are definitely worth their money. Their menus and settings are easy to use and laid out well. Very similar to older nokias.
    Both sims are always on or you can set it so that either sim switches on and off at certain times. You have to push a button on the side to select which sim sends a text or makes a call, but all calls in are answered as on a normal phone.

My d780 still functions perfectly but got very worn looking from so much use so i recently changed my d780 for a newer samsung c3222. its an ok phone with alot more features but i don't like it just as much. loudspeaker not as loud as d780, battery not as good as d780. on the plus though it has wifi and a full keypad(like a blackberry) which is handy for typing.

i got my sister a second hand slider d880 which is the same phone as a d780 in a different shell effectively. having poblems at the minute though with ribbon cable wearing out on slider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 innocentuntil

I'm looking for a Dual SIM phone to use in England ( seeing as I work there more often than here now) Does anyone know if there's any problem using my Irish Vodafone SIM and 3 UK SIM in a dual SIM phone such as the Samsung B5722?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 El Soarab

I'm looking for a Dual SIM phone to use in England ( seeing as I work there more often than here now) Does anyone know if there's any problem using my Irish Vodafone SIM and 3 UK SIM in a dual SIM phone such as the Samsung B5722?

Yes there will be a problem I think. What you're probably after is the B7722. Don't think the 5722 supports 3G at all

Advertisement