Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone explain some computer basics to me?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

VonLuck wrote: »
    Well I ran a few different monitoring programs while playing Bad Company 2. First off, with the programs running the entire computer froze, twice, after playing for about 20 minutes. Didnt happen before, which is odd.

The CPU reached about 75-80% of its max according to task manager.

The GPU was at 100% at all times according to GPU-Z.

Using HWMonitor to check temperatures I found that the GPU was running at a max 91 degrees, CPU max 51 degress and system max 39 degrees. I dont know how accurate the system temperature is though?

I have my fans at the lowest speed, basically because they sound like jet engines up high. By the way, is there any way of increasing fan speed without having to physically switch them to 'high' within the case?

Its an approximate value for the system tempretures, they will be there or there abouts (2-3c)

For most GPUs 91 Degrees is way too hot, you can turn the fan up with MSI Afterburner for most graphics cards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Also, does Windows 7 provide any noticable improvements over Vista 64 bit? Dont know wheter to invest in it if it only provides minor tweaks...

Advertisement