Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungeons of Dredmor

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Never really played a rogue-like. Tried Nethack but it was too daunting and had an angband bot as a screensaver which was awesome but distracting :) I'm going to try and get into the genre with shiren which is meant to be a good starting off point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Saw this and went "Hrm, rouge-like dungeon crawler you say...."

Maybe in a few weeks when I have the space on my credit card (and yes, €5 would stretch my card right now).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Never really played a rogue-like.

:eek:

Never played Thief?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thief? I have played it and it's hardly a rogue-like unless there's another game you are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I bought this but began to regret it as I tried out other roguelikes soon after playing it for a bit and I am playing a free one which I find much more fun (Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

Sharrow wrote: »
    :eek:

Never played Thief?

bit of genre confusion here methinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Very similar to Dungeon of Doom on the Mac Plus way back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

Just picked this up. It's a good laugh. Playing with permadeath on, which makes a nice change to the usual no consequences playstyle.

Advertisement