Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oddities when roaming in UK with Vodaphone

Options
  • 20-07-2011 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭

I should probably post this in the Antiques forum, as I use a Nokia 1208 on a prepaid Vodafone account just for texts and calls.

I've had it a few years, and its grand. The only mild issue I have is when I use it in London. My daughter's phone just changes to the Vodafone UK service, and she gets a confirmatory mail to that effect.

On the other hand, the screen on my phone hops back and forth between Vodafone UK and Vodafone IE. Also stuff happens like the keypad lock switches itself off, and when I text it some of the characters seems unavailable. It functions - I can make calls and send texts, with a bit more fiddling. But the phone is clearly not seamlessly changing over to the UK network.

The phone's network setting seems to be set to automatic, and I did send in a text for the Vodaphone passport package. Yet, there's clearly some oddity at work. Has anyone any suggestions as to what might be the problem?

Advertisement