Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bunninadden Shop

Options
  • 20-07-2011 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Drove through Bunninadden recently on my way to find some milk. Had to go to Ballymote and then couldn't park. What happened to the shop in Bunninadden

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭In The Sticks

Tescos have bought it and are expanding, loads of milk after Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

The owner passed away in January. John Leamy RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

bennyc wrote: »
    The owner passed away in January. John Leamy RIP.

A lovely, friendly man he was and a pity the family didn't keep it open. It used to save me a trip to Tubbercurry or Ballymote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

It seems a pity that it was not kept open alright.

It would be nice to see someone lease it if the family didn't wish to open it themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Often called in when I was passing thru. Such a lovely man. Used to have great chats.
    RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 karlalb10n

Slidey wrote: »
    It seems a pity that it was not kept open alright.

It would be nice to see someone lease it if the family didn't wish to open it themselves

Does anyone know of a suitable premises in the village that would be up to rent to re-open a shop?

karlalb10n wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a suitable premises in the village that would be up to rent to re-open a shop?

I can't think of any, but maybe you should contact the family who ran the old shop. They might be willing to lease it out, so it's worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 karlalb10n

I can't think of any, but maybe you should contact the family who ran the old shop. They might be willing to lease it out, so it's worth a try.

Thanks, I will do, although I've been reliably informed that they wont be interested. It's a shame because it's in a great spot and the village is so small there's a shortage of suitable premises

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

karlalb10n wrote: »
    Thanks, I will do, although I've been reliably informed that they wont be interested.

Personally if I was in your position and really interested, I speak to them directly myself. Sometimes when you think you've been reliably informed, it ends up you haven't.

Advertisement