Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK Sky Sports channels with an Irish card+box

• 20-07-2011 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there,

I´ve got an Irish HD sky box and the white Irish card and was wondering if I would be able to watch the UK sky sports channels with this card and box. The thing is I am living in Spain but brought my sky box from Ireland and I am unable to watch Sky Sports 1 & 4 since there is "no satellite signal". Well, I do not have the sky sports package yet but I am thinking about getting it. So when I select sky sports 2 and 3 both indicate me that I need to upgrate my account in order to get this channel. That´s obvious. However, Skysports 1 & 4 state there is "no satellite signal". So, I presume I won´t be able to watch them even if I get the skysports package. However, I found the sky sports english versions on a different frequency and all the four channels state that I need to upgrate my account in order to receive them. So my question is if my irish box/irish card will unlock these channels.

Thanks for your time in advance!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Perhaps you need a bigger dish or get it realigned.Do you have signal problems on other channels?

You can only get the 'Irish' Sky Sports with an Irish sub-i.e They have Irish ads on them but then you can tune in the UK versions through other channels so long as you subscribe to sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Yes if your card has sky sports enabled you can watch the english version, the only difference is the advertising.

Advertisement